Anywhere know where to get codes checked.

• Sponsors (?)

94SC50 said:
Go to WalMart and buy one for like $20 and check them all the time at your own convenience.:nice:

:nice: Help my stock!! (I think they are $24.99)

can you guys use a paper clip?

Yes.. :rolleyes:
You can also use a butter knife as a screwdriver, and just ONE adjustable wrench for ALL your nut-tightening needs!

Ok...once again...ANYONE who is enthused enough about their stang to be on this forum should own a cheap code scanner!!!!

RC

scan it yourself

If you don't already have one, go get a Haynes manual from Auto Zone. It tells you, in detail, how to scan the codes yourself. You'll need a short piece of wire and a volt meter. It really doesn't matter if it's analog or digital, cause you can still read the check engine light. If you go get the manual, you'll know what I'm talking about. It won't read some codes, but it'll read the important ones. It also tells you how to clear them out. This way you can read your codes anytime the situation arises. I don't know where you're from, but in Kannapolis, NC the testers go for about $50.00 at Advance Auto or Auto Zone. Good luck figuring it out!

94GTLaserRC said:
:nice: Help my stock!! (I think they are $24.99)

Yes.. :rolleyes:
You can also use a butter knife as a screwdriver, and just ONE adjustable wrench for ALL your nut-tightening needs!

Ok...once again...ANYONE who is enthused enough about their stang to be on this forum should own a cheap code scanner!!!!

RC

Why buy a code reader for OBD I? Its flash codes.

you can take a paper clip and ground the terminal (single connector) and stick the paper clip into the connector then just ground it... Why buy a code scanner that beeps when you can just do it this way and get in the car and turn the key to on and count the CE light flashes..