• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

AOD 1-2

  • Thread starter Thread starter pdiddy1
  • Start date Start date Jan 28, 2020
P

pdiddy1

Member
Jun 24, 2019
17
3
13
ohio
Jan 28, 2020
#1
  • Jan 28, 2020
  • #1
Looking for help - problem with AOD

I have swapped c4 for AOD in my 66 mustang....here is the issue. I have no 1st gear when in "D" or "OD", always starts in 2nd. Everything else works. I have 1st when i put shifter in "1", if i bump the shifter to "D" it upshift immediately to 2nd without pressing the gas pedal. Anyone has any ideas to solve that problem?
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,051
10,676
213
polk county florida
Jan 29, 2020
#2
  • Jan 29, 2020
  • #2
I moved this to classic tech cause I'm sure some members here have done this swap and I figured you have a carb, most of us in the fox forums can't remember or have never seen a carb unless it was on our lawnmower.
I do have to ask, do you have the tv cable hooked up?
 
P

pdiddy1

Member
Jun 24, 2019
17
3
13
ohio
Jan 29, 2020
#3
  • Jan 29, 2020
  • #3
I have lokar TV cable....OPSI in "P" and "N" and 90PSI at WOT. Also I have the Holley arm installed so ratio 1:1 between TV cable and Throttle.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
AOD with 4R70W Internals and a Shift Kit - 1 to 2 Shift Question
  • Davjake128
  • May 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
347
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 2, 2026
Davjake128
D
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
214
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
905
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
R
For Sale 2008 Mustang Bullitt for sale Richmond Hill, ON, Canada L4C 0S3
  • ROHDRNNR
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • S197 Mustangs For Sale (2005-14)
Replies
0
Views
308
S197 Mustangs For Sale (2005-14) Jun 10, 2026
ROHDRNNR
R
Mustang II 4 cyl gear hunting and possibly messed up vacuum system
  • oesterreicher
  • May 31, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
11
Views
458
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Jun 14, 2026
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?