AOD tranny Problems(lucas)

Haus

Jul 20, 2005
ok it seems im having some problems with it shifting hard at times and taking too long to shift.not all the time but at times this happenes. the car has 170,000 miles on it so im sure does the tranny. not sure tho cause the engine was rebuilt.

the tranny fluid is at the right level and red and does not smell burnt

no funds to rebuild it or get a new one at this moment.

i was told not to flush it out and add new fluid cause it may be too old to do so and do more harm then good.

what about Lucas transmission fix. i heard good things about it and i heard not so good things.

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like it is on the way out. If it is then a tranny flush may or may not help. I am a firm believer if it is on the way out then what the hell, might as well try. May be able to squeeze a few more hundred miles out of it.

lucas

i would drain 2 quarts out and put one quart of lucas in and see what happens. if not much better then put the other quart of lucas in and see what happens i bet it will work.

i bought a 92 town car with a "blown trans" i dumped 2 quarts in over filling it a bit and put it in gear and after reving it a little all the gears worked i drove it like that for a good wile then got a good deal on a aode out of a cop car. that trans was cool. i could not do a burn out at all but when 2nd gear hit i could put that big town car sideways. it even beat a v6 5 speed mustang about a 01 model. i know that is not saying much at all but the town car weight 4400 with all the stereo crap. so try a quart at a time it should help.