AOD Transmission Oil Cooler

• Sponsors (?)

i had a few questions on this too. i was wondering which line out of the trans is the feed an which is the return on the trans an which is which on the radiator. i was going to put an inline filter on and maybe an after market cooler an wanted to run the fluid thru the filter after it was cooled.

On an AOD, the fluid leaves the radiator at the bottom IIRC. You can check this. Disconnect the line and put a barbed fitting and hose from the radator (side of the disconnected fitting) to a bucket. Crank the car and ensure that fluid comes out of the radiator. If it comes out of the hard trans line, that's the wrong line.

Lang, you might want to put the filter before the cooler if it's a new cooler. If it's a used cooler, put the filter after the cooler (before it goes back into the trans). YOu can do all of this without ever touching the or cutting the OEM hard lines.

thanks hissin, but my hard lines were shot so i cut the middle out an just used the fittings at both ends with rubber hose. i removed the engine/trans/radiator an forgot how it was all together. that power train is sitting in an 84 t top notch but the radiator and lines an cooler arent in yet. i still have to figure out the belt set up i'm going to use (only an alt an reverse water pump).