AOD upgrade into 1968

tvmax1962

New Member
Nov 28, 2004
6
0
0
I want to put the AOD in My 1968 mustang to reduce rpm on hiway. Will this bolt in or do I need different driveshaft and crossmember. Mine is a 302 v8 auto now. Will the AOD work with my standard shifter? How much should I look to pay for the AOD trans?
 
Re

I did the AOD conv in my 67 fastback, I bought the AOD from a friend of mine for 600 and put it in with his help. and yes you do need to have the driveshaft modified, And I don't think you can use your stock shifter, but I'm not positive, I got the linkage and stock shifter from a 87 and used it until I had my B&M Ratchet put in. But make sure you get the AOD conv throttle linkage and put in correctly. That cost me a rebuild... Heres a pic of the shifter... I love it


O and be ready to beat that tunnel
 

Attachments

  • 7 234.webp
    7 234.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 180