aode to t5 pedal problems

i got a 1995 gt covertible , was auto , it went so i put a t5 in. got everything out of a junk yard .works great except when i push the clutch in voltage drops, guages go nuts eventually dies. thinking i pinched a wire i pulled pedal assembly down checked for wires , all is fine. i dont have to push the clutch in very far befor it starts shorting out. if i even breath on it the car tries to stall. it does it with all the wires off or on the pedal switches .i have an aftermarket quadrant with stock cable any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

I did the same swap on my Cobra Clone, and didn't have the problems you're describing. The only electrical thing in the clutch and cable is the neutral safety switch, but it's only active when the clutch is pushed to the floor and it only prevents you from starting the car when the clutch isn't all the way in.

I'd check the clutch cable in the engine compartment. Is it wrapped around any wire harnesses? Maybe it's touching something that's corroded or loose. Have a friend press the clutch cable in while you're watching the cable.