AODE, Transgo kit problem, anyone?

EXTRPR50

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
Hey fellas, I have a 95 GT. I installed the transgo kit and with my 4.10's, it shifted hard on second, scorching tires. Now a days, when I got to second at full throttle, it shift and bogs, w/o chirping. What can this be?
ps, I have only cold air, and pulleys. No a/c, or smog.

• Sponsors (?)

Might run the codes just to see if it's a simple sensor issue. Probably not... I would guess your clutches in the tranny are on their way out (slipping). How's the fluid look and smell? Also how many miles on the tranny?

Might run the codes just to see if it's a simple sensor issue. Probably not... I would guess your clutches in the tranny are on their way out (slipping). How's the fluid look and smell? Also how many miles on the tranny?

Yep... Id agree.

Really take a look a the trans fluid, if its not red anymore and its dark, or you see dark junk in it your clutches are on their way out, and at some point in the future only second gear will work. It will go into 3 and 4 but not go anywhere.

Well guys, the tranny dipstick had nothing on it. Thats bad. I cant believe I went so long w/o checking it. I filled her up and went for a drive. I hit second and got my screech back. Which in turn got the attention of a pesky Scion. He thought I wanted to race. So first two gears and 3 car lenghs was good enough. It was a great laugh though. I need to remenber to add even more when I put that cooler on.

I'm planning on getting the transgo kit, on my 94

i'm just wondering does it pull really hard?

and i called in for a install, one guy told me its not pratical at all to get a shift kit for my car, because of the over drive or somthing...

is it true, or the dude is being a dumb ass?,, thanks
didnt mean to high jack.

The kit removes the sloppiness in which a stock car has. It will give neck snapping shifts and waste no time sloooowly shifting into the next gear. You can drop it down to second and go, shift to third, etc. You can start in first , shift manually to second, etc. The kit says you can hold any gear as long as you want. It makes my auto more fun to play with. Being a stick guy, it was hard to live with an auto. But the kit and 4.10's make it more fun.