Approximate 1/4 Mile?

jtstang89

Feb 28, 2004
Oklahoma
I haven't ever raced and I really don't plan to, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark figure on what my quarter mile times should look like. OK, with that said here's my car: 1989 LX 5.0 Convertible AOD(96K miles), offroad h-pipe, 40 series Flowmaster, K&N Filter(removed air silencer), FRPP 4.10s with t-lok rebuilt, and a fresh tune up with the timing advanced to 12 degrees. My goal is to be at least in the 14s, but I know that I'm probably not do to the facts that its a Vert, AOD, Engine isn't exactly fresh(96K), and my weight is more than stock because of body kit and stereo. So what should I be runnin? Also, am I close to 14s, and if not what should my next mod(inexpensive preferably)be? Any info is appreciated :flag:
PS. 0-60mph times would be accepted too!

• Sponsors (?)

I would probably say mid to low 15s. I also have an AOD (hatch) and ran 14.6 with 4.10s and similar mods. Good tires and converter would help, maybe a shift kit...but you really need more power. Ported heads and intake..

BTW-those times were before my tranny rebuilt

Well, as much as I would love to got to the tracks, I can't. Mainly because of the fact that I'm a full time student living at home. My father won't let me do it, and what he says is the law. It makes no sense to me why he would let me put in 4.10s, but not test them out the right, and legal, way. Anyway, I've heard of the TransGo shift kits, but I don't know much about them. What do shift kits actually do, where can I get one, and how much (my budget right now is pretty slim)?
Also, I was looking on line the other day and I found web-site that said that a stock '93 GT Vert(AOD) runs the 0-60mph in 8 seconds. That means that is what my car probably runs(without the 4.10s)!!That's really hard to believe, and quite frankly it pisses me off to know that a lot of imports (Civic SI, Acuras, etc) would kill me. Is this blasphemous piece of info true, or was the web-site mistaken? If not, what will my 0-60 times be after the 4.10 swap?

in my 90 LX hatch with an AOD i ran a best of 14.9 with full exhaust and thats it, and thats with 2.73's. so i dont see why with 4.10's even though its a vert you couldnt hit the 14's. im putting in 3.73's in 2 weeks and a shift kit after that so im hoping for low to mid 14's