Are Any Of These Sub $900 Coilovers Worthy

pwt's17

Mar 19, 2017
Pardon for putting this on multiple forums. Hopefully more eyes on equals more opinions (and hopefully some first hand experience):

While pricing springs and adjustable shocks/struts, I find that there are coilover setups available at or below the same price point. The main "Pro" to the coilover kits vs. springs is the ability to adjust ride height without purchasing springs again.

For those that might be curious, I'm listing five coilover sets below. But, my main question remains - Are any of these things worthwhile?

1) GodSpeed P/N: MSS1091 ($630)
448 lb/in (F), 560 lb/in (R), 16 level damper adjust, w/sway links and camber adjust.

2) Megan Racing EZII P/N: MR-CDK-FM15-EZII ($749)
391 lb/in (F), 784 lb/in (R), 15 level damper adjust, w/sway links But No camber adjust.

3) GodSpeed P/N: MMX3680 ($840)
560 lb/in (F), 672 lb/in (R), 40 level damper adjust, w/camber adjust But No sway links.

4) Megan Racing P/N: MR-CDK-FM15 ($899)
391 lb/in (F), 784 lb/in (R), 32 level damper adjust, w/sway links and camber adjust.

5) SR Performance P/N: 393986 ($899.99)
448 lb/in (F), 470 lb/in (R), 16 level damper adjust, w/sway links and camber adjust.

All sets appear to use an adjustable perch for the rear springs. Seems Ford did not leave room to put a coil over the shock.

I think I read that the SR Performance units can be rebuilt, but cannot guarantee my memory. I cannot find such info on the others.

Also have noticed a wide range of spring rates. Any thoughts on best rates for a street warrior / DD at 1.5 to 2 inches lowered.

Thanks All !

• Sponsors (?)