• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Are B&M Torque Converters any good?

  • Thread starter Thread starter metroplex
  • Start date Start date Mar 13, 2004

metroplex

Member
Sep 7, 2003
405
1
16
SE MI
Mar 13, 2004
#1
  • Mar 13, 2004
  • #1
I'm thinking about getting a B&M Holeshot 3000 for my 4R70W.

Are they any good? I can get them for about $200 less than the PI stallion converter. With the torque multiplier constant of the Holeshot, the stall RPM would actually be 3000 and change with the amount of torque I have at 2500 RPM.
 

Ottomatic

Founding Member
Nov 4, 2001
345
0
0
Southern IL
Mar 14, 2004
#2
  • Mar 14, 2004
  • #2
I've looked at them, and the price difference between B&M and PI makes the holeshot an attractive option, but I've never seen anybody run one. Which I find odd.

At any rate, bump.
 

gruntman31

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
624
0
0
Colorado Springs, Co
Mar 14, 2004
#3
  • Mar 14, 2004
  • #3
You get what you pay for.
 

metroplex

Member
Sep 7, 2003
405
1
16
SE MI
Mar 14, 2004
#4
  • Mar 14, 2004
  • #4
Everyone says that but no one has used the B&M holeshot converters from what I can see.

I'm looking at Level 10 and Performance Industries Converters ($800+) and the B&M Holeshot 3000 ($600+).

Is there any specific technical reason why I should not go with the B&M Holeshot 3000?
 

99prmustang

New Member
Sep 3, 2003
141
0
0
Mar 14, 2004
#5
  • Mar 14, 2004
  • #5
bump i need info on this too
 
D

davidwnuc

New Member
Jan 19, 2004
43
0
0
Ok
Mar 19, 2004
#6
  • Mar 19, 2004
  • #6
bump, dido
 

dkshadow

Banned
May 12, 2003
952
0
0
TEXAS
Mar 19, 2004
#7
  • Mar 19, 2004
  • #7
I havent heard anything about them, hell I didnt even know they made them

But Im sure they cant be bad. The way theyre priced I would have assumed thered be people using them. What other stall speeds do they have?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
514
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
S
Fox '87 GT can't get to stay running
  • spilly
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
spilly
S
Weber Carburetor tuning help
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
171
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
J
2004 Mustang 3.8L V6 vibrations above 65 MPH and differential leaks
  • joeybuddy96
  • Mar 16, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
818
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Aug 29, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
M
Resolved 1988 Foxbody - Overheating Summer
  • MDrisc
  • Oct 26, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
16
Views
862
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 17, 2026
fasterthangas
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?