Are Kenne Bell S/C ne good for me?

babeabe19

Mar 18, 2004
SAC TOWN
ive just saved up about 3500 bucks and im looking to do some power adding. I know i wanna get a supercharger but what kind is the question. At first i was seriously considering the Vortec V2 but I recently came across Kenne Bell's website and my eyes opened wide. I was amazied of what they could produce. ne ways are they all thier cracked up to be? Anybody have one? if so lemmie know. BTW i know ill have to save up some more, those thing aint cheap.

• Sponsors (?)

It's a great all around blower and would be a great choice just as the vortech would. The KB feels like you have a big block under the hood with the centrifugals having a great top end rush. Either way you'll be happy.

UM..... no more than 550??? i dont have one so im no expert, but i have read a majority of KB's info on their site, and heard testimonials from people who have them. 550 is by no means a barrier. I have heard of many getting much more than that. And when the 2.2 comes out DEAR GOD :D i would really be curious what #s that would put out.

But again, i dont have one so i can only say....."SO I'VE HEARD":(

I have the 9# KB and have absolutely no regrets. I went with KB because I like the idea of the nice low end torque. You don't go into boost unless you want to so your gas mileage is up to you. Depending on your style of driving you should either go with the 9# KB unit or a mongoose kit from T&J. You need to be sure that you have some place with excellent customer service and those two definitely have it. :nice:

smokin'Red35th said:
UM..... no more than 550??? i dont have one so im no expert, but i have read a majority of KB's info on their site, and heard testimonials from people who have them. 550 is by no means a barrier. I have heard of many getting much more than that. And when the 2.2 comes out DEAR GOD :D i would really be curious what #s that would put out.

But again, i dont have one so i can only say....."SO I'VE HEARD":(

Thats jusy my opinion. If 550+rwhp was the goal, I'd personally look into some of the big-arse centri blowers or a turbo :shrug: