Are monroe shocks a decent choice for my car?

I get an awesome discount at parts stores going through our shop account but our main parts store can only get monroe shocks and struts. Are these a trusted brand for a street strip car or should I get something like KYB out of late model resto? Im putting in good control arms and other parts so Id like to know how these shocks stack up.

• Sponsors (?)

When we bought my wife's hatch last year, it had a brand new set of Monroe Sens-a-trac shocks and struts. Even with the Eibach springs I put on it, the ride is great. That said, they're certainly not performance oriented at all, but for her they're perfect.

Like said before Monroe are "stock replacements" and geared more for comfort, but they are much better than what Ford put on there even when they were new, and considering the age and miles on the car, they will be so much better.

Shocks/Struts job is to keep the tire on the road. The shop I work for uses Monroe, and they are good shocks.

KYB's are good, but they ride rough and get really rough after about a year or two. Most performance shocks don't seem to last that long.

What I've found with adjustable shocks is that you end up adjusting them more to the "comfort" side and you leave them there 99% of the time, haha. I've got a set of Strange adjustables, and I drove the car for maybe 3 days with them adjuster toward the "stiff" side. The car just ends up being stiff and bouncy, and it's pointless unless you plan to autocross it. For street and drag racing, you really want more compliant shocks.