are these bbk header's worth getting??

• Sponsors (?)

i have always heard that the shorties dont make anything, and there are probably a lot of people that have there minds set on the thought that shorties just wont make power, but i have a few friends that tried these out, and there is definately a seat of the pants feel to them. they made noticeably more horsepower than the factory manifolds. one thing is for sure, and that is the fact that they dont have such a broad powerband, like the longtubes, but for ease of maintenance and being able to use whatever midpipe u might have. they are not that bad of a deal. i am actually thinkning of getting them myself

JBA shorties have shown a 9-10 rwhp gain on an n/a car I do believe. I have seen these new BBK shorties being installed in person and they do look really nice. The only complaint the person had was that the welds on the inside of the primaries stuck way out into the exhaust flow. So he ground them down a little bit. No numbers yet as he hadn't finished putting them in.

For what you're about to spend on shorties ($300) you should go ahead and buy LT's from ebay for about the same (MAC $330 shipped). Have them installed and save yourself some grief. Use whatever mid-pipe you want still and have an exhaust shop cut your mid pipe to fit the Lt's.

i have a question....how are long tubes any better than shorties considering that when u have long tubes u have to go with a shorty x or h pipe...but when u have shorties u have a full length mid pipe...wouldnt it all balance out to be the same :shrug: ........ i know long tubes are better just always wanted to know why??