Are World Roush 200 heads any good?

SmockDoiley

Jun 14, 2003
San Diego, CA
The heads are cast iron which can be good for boosted engines because they dont warp. Plus I need a larger intake runner because my TW arent cutting it. The Roush heads have 200 intakes, 64 cc chambers which is good to knock down the compression ratio, but I cant find anything about the exhaust port sizes. Anybody know?

• Sponsors (?)

Those are nice heads, the exhaust port is kinda small, but it's not as long as the raised port ones are, so they do fine.

when you look at the intake runners, they are freaking huge!

the TW heads will run BETTER than the 200 !! the 200s weight is 58LBs EACH!! and the flow numbers are NOT as good at the TWs you have all ready!! Your sig says 516 HP!!! Tweak what you have to get more?? the 200 heads are a move backwards!! the TWs under boost should offer MORE power!! Just a dumb question.. what are you doing using 500+ RWHP and needing more.. anyway?? ( this is a street car right??)

JUst me..............................

Thumper

Its a street/strip yes but the power slows down around 5000 rpm. Its pretty clear that the TW are for NA 302s not boosted 342s. The runners are soso on the intake side, but way inadequate on the exhaust. I'm stepping up to the Torker II intake, and getting TPC to build the carb for me to blowthrough specs so it doesnt lean out at the higher rpms. I'll dyno then and see where she stands but my money says that larger runners will net more power and push the band out farther.
Reading that boosted heads have larger runners shows me that it is necessary to remove all that extra air out of the chamber. AFR even offers a boosted head with larger exhaust runners. Right now I'm really interested in the TF hig ports since the runner is a smidge smaller than the Roushs with a 197 or something and the exhausts are larger than mine at like 87 I think. Plus the chambers are 64 not 61 so the compression goes down which is good. And they are aluminum not iron. They seem like the perfect choice for my combo. I dont think Im floating valves since its only at 4900, plus the springs are rated to 600 lift and I'm running 542. The xcam may be a little small but rated to 6500 for a 302 so it should pull to at least 5500 on my combo. Besides smaller duration,224/224, is good for boosted engines.