Arkansas Thread

jasonh_86 said:
is that good or bad? lol i have noticed that also tho

well, of course thats good, I think you have a good setup.. maybe some lower gears.. but gotta solve that 2nd gear squiggly thing.. get some super soft tread.. or if we goto the track, I'll warm them up and see if I get better traction... we'll see!

helty, you should come to the track with us, we plan around 6:00 if we go

• Sponsors (?)

helty said:
if you guys go to the track have a good time. ask them about renting it out some weekend. how much, how long we get it, all that good stuff. i think that would be an awesome way to spend a saturday. or anyday.

oh yeah, i think im gonna order those 4.10s and SCT Xcal2 next week. :cheers:

sweet! do you have stock gears right now ?? If you had something like 3.73's, I would trade you my 4.30's.. because they just aren't good for my setup just yet.

Good luck on the 4.10s and SCT XCal2! I hope ya get to order them, that'd be nice.. you should come to the track, if u can, but if u can't that's perfectly fine.. wouldnt wanna make u use anymore gas than u want to..

Yah, that 2nd gear is kinda scary sometimes haha.. when TJ ran my car against matt, '00 GT, from a roll he stomped it in first and when he hit 2nd it slid out from under us and we had to let all the way off.. it was pretty scary actually

I still can't get over that Mach 1 tho!! :hail2: that thing is soo awesome, i love it!

Shift it at 5800rpm.

Well I'm not for sure on what tires he has but most aftermarket tires grab better than stock gatorbacks. Now a stock gatorback'ed equipped car will grab in 1st and 2nd on even a bolt-on gt from what I have seen. I had one as well. Yeah, obviously the tires need to grab but the suspension has something to do with it allowing it not to squat in the rear.

With you being traction limited, when you go to the track look at your mph to show your potential:nice:

Yeah the Mach's pull nicely up top.

I think the sohc 4.6L have the same torque as the 5.0L's down low but they have a very linear pull down low and pull harder up top which gives the sensation of "no torque" downlow. Yes, they are nice.

Dustin - Run your car and come to the cruise tomorrow. I'm wanting to go to the strip this coming saturday. I think john wants to run his car as well:D He said he isn't scared...lol.

Edit: Oh and if his car isn't grabbing when he hits 2nd gear that is more suspension related because of the rebound rate on his springs/struts. The tires are grabbing in 1st. In 2nd gear the suspension unloads and loads between the 1st-2nd shift.

Hey Dustin (sorry to make back to back post here guys:bang:)...but did you ever verify if those were 4:30's or not...they felt "weaker" remember? Did you do the driveshaft to tire revolution test? I wish I was there last night...

88GT460 said:
sweet! do you have stock gears right now ?? If you had something like 3.73's, I would trade you my 4.30's.. because they just aren't good for my setup just yet.
yeah, i still got the stock gears. i think after getting them and paying for the install, im gonna have to take some time off from modding. money's a bitch. but whenever i do save some cash up, im looking at getting either some maximum motorsports LCA's, some Nitto 555R's on the rear for the track, Longtubes or a new clutch. I probably should get the clutch done before anything, but im willing to take a chance on it.

jasonh_86 said:
Good luck on the 4.10s and SCT XCal2! I hope ya get to order them, that'd be nice.. you should come to the track, if u can, but if u can't that's perfectly fine.. wouldnt wanna make u use anymore gas than u want to

i'd love to come. really. but i gotta keep the queen happy so i can head up there every now and then down the road. that and i told her i'd help her with a paper she has to write. if she gets it done tonight i'll definitely be there tomorrow. im so whipped :nonono:

helty said:
i'd love to come. really. but i gotta keep the queen happy so i can head up there every now and then down the road. that and i told her i'd help her with a paper she has to write. if she gets it done tonight i'll definitely be there tomorrow. im so whipped :nonono:

Hey, it's all good man! You gotta do what you gotta do to keep her happy! just be glad u got one to keep happy, unlike me :nonono: haha

anyone up for a mustang thing next month?.. middle of the month.. but in a different city

5spd GT said:
Hey Dustin (sorry to make back to back post here guys:bang:)...but did you ever verify if those were 4:30's or not...they felt "weaker" remember? Did you do the driveshaft to tire revolution test? I wish I was there last night...

Well, I think Jason has 3.73's (i think he said that) and they are definately lower than that... but 4.30's can easily be mistaken for 4.10 since they are very very similar. So thats what I am thinking.

I am positive I cannot make it to the cruise, sorry guys.. I need to stay here with my wife/girlfriend since she is overdue with the baby and all.

I can still make it tonight though if we are going to the track.

88GT460 said:
Well, I think Jason has 3.73's (i think he said that) and they are definately lower than that... but 4.30's can easily be mistaken for 4.10 since they are very very similar. So thats what I am thinking.

I have 373's and they felt quite similar to yours for some reason under normal driving. You can still do the "test" and figure it out:nice: That way you know for sure:nice: To bad you can't come...but you have a very good reason. Good Luck.

Yep, i've got 3.73's, i'd like to try 4.10's but i love my 3.73's

Hey dustin, it's all good man! Take care of the wife and congrat's on the baby! altho it's not here yet, it should be soon.. maybe it'll be another mustang fan in the making :D haha

We're not going to the drag strip tonight, brian said he wasnt going to go. I guess we'll go next weekend, who all wants to go?

It has took me 3 days to finnally get caught up with this thread....Man it growing fast.....I am fixxing to go vaccum out the Ol stang and then take a shower and head up there.........Cant wait :nice: