AT LONG LAST.........ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

finally got the motor in and running like a champ. had a small issue with the idle and then i realized that bbk sets their tbs to stock settings and stock setting dont work with an aftermarket cam. so after that set the timeing and she was purring like a kitten. takeing her for her maiden voyage tommorow anything i should listen or look for during the first ride besides the obvious?

• Sponsors (?)

Go easy on the car for a while. Slow starts / stops and no hard accelerating. You can ride down the revs (staying in gear on decel)

Things to look out for:

1) Old ladys behind the wheel
2) Punk kids with music so loud you can't hear your car
3) Run a way shoppping carts
4) birds looking to shat on your windshield
5) reckless driving people on cell phones and starbucks
6) COPS!

srothfuss said:
Go easy on the car for a while. Slow starts / stops and no hard accelerating. You can ride down the revs (staying in gear on decel)

Things to look out for:

6) COPS!
awesome checklist dude should definetly help my break in lol

Skoobie said:
What do you mean Stock TPS settings dont "work" for aftermarket cams? I thought it was pretty universal to set them to .99v :shrug:
He said "tbs" in his original post. I'm guessing he is talking about BBKs TB's (throttle bodies). :shrug:

What are the specs on the new engine?

For break ins.. I have always followed the "Drive like you normall would" moto :rolleyes:

If its a race engine.. drive the guts out of it... if its a moped.. just putt around.

I know thats pretty contradictory to a lot of what people reccomend... but Ive always treated my break-in periods as so and with successful results

srothfuss said:

Things to look out for:

6) COPS!

Hehehe... I'm thinking we might have to make that checklist into a sticky. :rolleyes:

update goddamn powersteering rack is pissing fluid like a drunk, now i gotta fix that before i can even get the front end lined up(you would be suprised at how much a new k memeber and coilover kit would throw you alignment off lol). also i got a stumble at wot i think its the tps hope fully it will get straigtend out on the dyno sat

Dyno guy's should be able to fix most of your issues with the throttle.... or at least point you in the correct direction.

That's too bad about the PS line. I didn't want to put fluid leaks in my original post because I thought I might jinx you. But maybe I did that by not putting it on the "list"

Good luck man

yeah, my cousin helped me put this thing all together and he said he thinks its the tps(he is a licenced ford tech). we couldnt mess with it cuz i dont have a volt meter, but my appt is sat with the dyno so i have to get a new ps rack, and get the car lined up, so that is priority.

other than that though this thing pulls like a freight train! iam amazed at how much the nose wants to come up now that i have the tube k, and the coil overs, and the new control arms!!!

cant wait to get this thing running right.