Attempted to get duals today...

• Sponsors (?)

MisterCMK said:
MSP, so you want to go one more round? :D

I have to give you a lot of credit for staying with it, and having enthusiasm for the car. Please, just remember that any ribbing I give you is in good fun. Now, that being said, when do you want to run your V6 against my V8?

LOL!! All kidding aside, I truley think the Dyno was bogus, rushed, not done in the utmost of accuracy.. A defective dyno unit, maintained in the worst of conditions..

That being said, the judges have ruled the knock-down suspect.. A protest has ensued and the judges have awarded MSP another fight, on another day..

The 1994 GT is no match for the V6 Stang MisterCMK.. Please still be my friend.. LOL!! But I honestly, in my bones know the Dyno test was not all it could have been.. Am I just dreaming? Holding on to a lost hope? LOL!! Maybe, maybe I am MisterCMK! I wish I could let you drive my car so you would understand friend..

Lets not jump the gun MisterCMK.. Give me some more time to understand.. I need time to contemplate the entire scenario.. Give me some time..

Also MisterCMK, I live in Milpitas,Ca.. Where do you live? Do you have any idea how bad I would love to run against your 94? Really bad.. There is no way your car stock could come close..

I should not say things like that.. It could ruin our friendship.. LOL!! You understand, that I truley think you are a kool guy MisterCMK!! Thanks for making it exciting.. But I tripped.. You didnt knock me down..!! I stumbled over your loose shoe-lace! LOL!!

MisterCMK said:
MSP, so you want to go one more round? :D

I have to give you a lot of credit for staying with it, and having enthusiasm for the car. Please, just remember that any ribbing I give you is in good fun. Now, that being said, when do you want to run your V6 against my V8?

I would love to take you up on that just to see how close I can keep up, if at all :D

Take it to the track, and give us a picture of your ticket... we get 60 ft times, 1/8 times, and 1/4 times. How's that not give you an indicator of who's faster? I dont really care how many horses Im puttin out, as long as Im a fraction faster than everyone else. Isnt that what it all comes down to anyway, the faster car?

MSP, dont get so discouraged so quickly bro. You've got a stock air box with a stock filter with holes drilled in it, and dual exhaust man. Dont give up on it yet! I think that air box is a load of bunk personally, but dont have the know-how to back it up.

What mufflers were you using again, Flowmaster or GT Take offs? Or something else, I cant remember what you said. And remember no dynos the same as another, you may get higher or lower reads somewhere else. But you really cant expect much out of an exhaust change.. and I think thats really all you've done so far.

I don't remember all the facts of hand, but there are 2 different types of dyno's. #'s given by each are not always the same. Here is one page I found, but I am sure the net is full of other good sites for info on the dyno's.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/stevebm/Dyno_Info.htm

Was your car cooled down completely, how was the outside temp, what was the humidity like? There are different factors that may have effected the #'s.
I would seek out a different dyno just to see how accurate the first one was. I would like to see you stick with the V6 and let the V6 faithful see what it can do. More of a challenge to take a V6 and make it run 12's or 11's as opposed to a V8.

And yes, older 5.0's put out around the same in hp, but the torque on the old 5.0's is much higher than 210. Around 245-260 at the wheels.

MSP,

Don’t be too discouraged by the dyno results. You didn’t do a control dyno on your stock car to compare the results to, so you don’t know what you really gained. A second dyno run (different shop/instrument/day) is definitely in order, provided time and wallet allow. Try to pick a cool, dry day so the relative air density is high (more oxygen). Also, have you retuned your car at all, or simply disconnected the battery? You have made quite a few mods to the car so you won’t realize the full potential of your improvements until you do so.

In the interim, I suggest you do a few 0-60 mph launches and see what kind of times you get. The best time I’ve read for the V6 is 6.9 seconds. If you can best this time, your mods definitely paid off. Find a SAFE (and cop-free) zone to test this if you do!! Hold a stopwatch in your (left) hand (so you can shift w/ your right) and press start the instant you floor the gas. Click stop when you hit 60. Using a watch, I can hold the timer and wheel at the same time for safety reasons.

As for your supercharger conundrum, I think a centrifugal type will be more than adequate. You can get 8 psi (+50% power usually) quite easily from these. A roots or screw type will be much harder to install and be much more expensive. I doubt the stock motor can handle more than 8psi anyway.

MSP - Unfortunately, I am in Minnesota. Half a country away. I have made a few mods to my V8, similar to yours. I added a CAI, o/r H pipe, FRPP 9mm wires, Accell coil, 3.27 gears, and I removed the smog pump. It would be an interesting race, however I have no idea how much power I am putting out.

Zodiac said:
Man, that might come down to a drivers race... 3.27 gears are tiiiny... less weight, less horses, lower gears.. eh?

The GT should win fairly easily IMHO. MSP would need a few more mods and a tuner if he doesn't already have one to compete.

Thanks for the encouragement guys!! The guy down at the shop told me for $650 bucks, he would put a new SCT Chip in the car, and Tune it using the dyno.. He said it would take a couple of hours..

Also, he mentioned the Air to Fuel ratio was running lean, based on the Dyno's report.. So for sure it needs aftermarkt tuning to take place..

But I still feel as of right now, it should be doing more at the wheels.. But oh well.. Using the Dyno's can get expensive.. Maybe I should get the GTech like Echo7 recommended.. In the long run, this is a better test..

Can you take the Gtech, and upload the results to a computer?

I think the Gtech will just show me how i compare as an auto to fazm's manual with a new exhuast. Everthing else on our cars is the same, (K&N Drop in, GT mufflers) I just have duals w/ x-pipe and he has stock. From it, i will be able to tell if i can run with a manual.

Hey MSP, if you're looking into that route.. stick with the 4.0L. See if you can find a set of DOHC heads off a Scorpio 24v V-6 Cossie. They were originally made for the 2.9L version of the Cologne motor, and should adapt to the 4.0L really well. You should easily put down 270-280hp without any other type of performance mods. With a few simple mods: exhaust, intake, headers, I think the car would scream! You'd be pushing over 300 hp easy.

Youve said before you were serious about showing the world what this engine could do, so stick with it! This may be your ticket!

Mmm port and polish..

Zodiac said:
Hey MSP, if you're looking into that route.. stick with the 4.0L. See if you can find a set of DOHC heads off a Scorpio 24v V-6 Cossie. They were originally made for the 2.9L version of the Cologne motor, and should adapt to the 4.0L really well. You should easily put down 270-280hp without any other type of performance mods. With a few simple mods: exhaust, intake, headers, I think the car would scream! You'd be pushing over 300 hp easy.

Youve said before you were serious about showing the world what this engine could do, so stick with it! This may be your ticket!

Mmm port and polish..

That sounds like a very good idea to me :)

MSP said:
@ALL

Could I have possibly fallen off the wagon too quickley? V6 brothers, perhaps I have lost my rational? If so help me.. LOL!!

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/mustang-crate-engines.shtml

Definatley a spot or a feeling I did not want to have to confront someday.. Damn!! :bang:

yeah you fallen off and lost your rational!!!
it was only one dyno and your mods arent all the way done, try not to be so discouraged.

kevins05v-6 said:
yeah you fallen off and lost your rational!!!
it was only one dyno and your mods arent all the way done, try not to be so discouraged.

It appears that the engine will indeed stay corked until you get the Aftermarket tunning work done..

Also, try not to make your frustration with me so obvious.. LOL!!

I wonder what the numbers are on a V6 which has had the aftermarket tunning.. Anyone have an idea?

Kevin

Hey Kevin, you know we all have the right to drop in a crate motor.. That is to say you still own a 2005 Mustang.. Regardless of how it was purchased whether GT or V6, it does not matter..

By letting people understand that the option to go crate is there and may be persued, its easier to move around.. Its easier to think more freely..

None of us are stuck with any motor.. We can all easily, and economically go crate.. You can look at your car 5000 different ways.. In the end, its a Mustang, and is afforded all the crate motors you can think of..

kevins05v-6 said:
yes you are absoultely correct about the crate motors. the one that would be hella-sweet is the 15k 5.0 Cammer, but I digress..
sorry I didnt mean to seem like I was frustrated with you I was trying to give you a "pep" talk!

LOL!! No problem friend.. This has been my frame of mind all week...

I wish to find a very in-expensive Twin-Screw SuperCharger.. The end cost of the upgrade must not exceed half the cost of going crate.. What I mean is, our engine as it sits must be able to get to 300HP for lets say around $2500 maximum installed.. If not, then your better off going Crate motor..

I will admit, at this point I do feel I should have just gotten the GT.. I had no idea when I bought this car, I would feel the need for more power.. But thats water under the bridge now..

So, my goal is still to pursue the Twin-Screw option, but making sure the monitary expenditure is kept under a strict regulation.. A good SuperCharger manufacturer should understand this concept, and price the Supercharger accordingly.. If not, there is no need to invest in a Supercharging system which will come close or equal the cost of going crate..

When going crate a number of things take place.. First and foremost is the value of the car, which will increase automatically.. In our particular case, even the cheapest crate motor on the market will make this happen.. Example, you can buy a 351W Crate motor for about $3000.. This engine should up the HP close to 300HP and TQ past 300lbs.. Needless to say, we must find a supercharger installed for half that price. If not, its wasted money..

This is my thinking as of late.. Thats why I have pulled back slightly on the entire affair.. I am trying figure out, if Supercharger manufacturers want to play ball with the V6 or not.. If not, we will go crate..