Attention: Kansas Stangers

Cougar

Founding Member
Sep 29, 2001
Manhattan Kansas, KSU
DRIVE YOUR PONY ON THE TRACK AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY FOR FREE!

Basically you'll get to:

1) Drive your pony on the track at Kansas Speedway on July 1st.
2) See the new 2005 Mustang before it's out.
3) Drivers will get a poster & pin for participating.
4) See Carl Edwards drive the 2005 Mustang on the track!

All participants will get a poster and keychain too!

Attention Kansas City area Mustangers: We need your help to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Mustang and to introduce the 2005 Mustang to Kansas City!

At 3:00 PM on Thursday, July 1, Craftsman truck series driver Carl Edwards will run parade laps around the Kansas Speedway in a 2005 Mustang GT. To celebrate the Mustang's 40th Anniversary, we want Mustangs of all vintages to follow Carl around the track.

Any and all Mustangs are welcome. This is your chance to see the new Mustang up close and personal before it goes on sale this fall. It's also your chance to meet Carl, and drive on the banked oval at the Kansas Speedway.

There's an invite for media to come out, so you just might see your car on the evening news. In addition, every one will receive a Mustang poster and pin in appreciation for their time.

We ask that drivers arrive at the Speedway by 2:45 pm. We will enter the track at 3:00 pm. We will stage the Mustangs at the Busch driver lot--see the attached map, or the directions below. Everyone must sign a waiver before accessing the track.

To speed up the paperwork, please RSVP to [email protected] with your name, vehicle age and model.

On last request: Please forward this to anyone you know who might be interested in joining our celebration. All Mustang owners are invited!

If you have questions, please contact Monte at the e-mail below, or Dave Marchand at the Mustang Club Center: 800-576-PONY, or [email protected].

Thanks for your help.
Monte Doran
Mustang 40th Anniversary Tour
[email protected]

Directions to Kansas Speedway from KCI airport (BLUE ROUTE)
¨ Take Interstate 29 North / US 71 North ramp. Merge onto I-29 North.
¨ Take the I-435 South exit (exit No. 17) toward Topeka. Merge onto I-435 South for about 25 miles. From Interstate 435, take the Parallel Parkway EAST exit (exit No. 14A) from I-435. Follow the exit so you're heading EAST on Parallel Parkway. (You're actually heading away from Kansas Speedway at this point.)

¨ From Parallel Parkway, turn right onto 98th Street, less than a half mile from I-435. (98th Street is the intersection at the first light). Take 98th Street to New Jersey / France Family Drive and turn right. Take France Family Drive into Kansas Speedway.

¨ You may also take Parallel Parkway WEST from I-435, and then left onto Village West Parkway. (YELLOW ROUTE)

The Credentials office is on the left as you go under the overpass and enter Kansas Speedway. France Family Drive leads into the infield through the vehicular tunnel.

Proof once again, that Kansas is superior.

I'll be there!

• Sponsors (?)