ATTN Chythar!

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
First of all, yes I'm still around here. Been a while. Still got the opal and hope to be getting her all fixed up soon. Soon as I get the sunroof repaired she will be ready for paint! Came back from Iraq and the paint had all but fallen completely off. :( Will be going back with WJ I guess, or possibly black, what you guys think? :D

Oh .... Matt, buddy o pal! HELP! I guess you remember the guy that posted in tech about his export tails? Well I went and picked them up today. They are new (94-95 ones), just didn't come with any bulbs or harness. :eek: So can you possibly guide me on installing these things and what I need to get?

EDIT: someone turn off my post count! 1970 rocks.

• Sponsors (?)

do a search for my install of them for one way to do it. I did modified two harnesses to make it work. followed directions for the 96-98 export tail install and modified it enough to work for ours. its pretty straight forward.

Sorry guys, I've been out of town all weekend. Prokiller's posts are definitely a good place to start. I have been busy with other projects so I haven't installed mine yet. However, here's a thread I made a while ago when I got my first export set. I list in it how the Japanese wiring harness is wired up. That thread also has a link to a page showing how to wire up 96-98 export tails.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...hts-japan.html

Basically, you have to rewire the tail lights so that only the turn signal bulbs gets the turn signal from the computer, as opposed to the factory harness where the brake light and turn signal are both merged into one. You'll need to:

Add a bulb to your factory taillight harness
Patch in a red wire from the third brake light for the brake signal
Cut out a wire from the factory harness to cut out the brake signal from the turn signal

No one's done a step-by-step conversion like there exists for the 96-98 tails, so it would be very cool if you'd be willing to do so.