Attn: Josiah Walker a.k.a. hot95cobraguy

I think it will hurt us in the long run.

As I have been trying to point out, it is only a matter of time before Pedophiles use the same arguments Homosexuals have used. If we as a society encourage homosexuality, what ground do we have to stand on in saying that wanting to have sex with children is wrong? Surely you believe that even if someone doesn't have sex with a child, their interest in it is not acceptable, even though the act of fantasizing is not hurting anyone.

Well, God help us if it ever comes to pass when pedophilia becomes accepted. Like I said before, though, pedophia is actually damaging to children, IT HURTS SOMEBODY, unlike homosexuality where I really see no victim. That's why I don't think that the ideological leap from homosexuality to pedophilia will ever occur. Especially with modern psychology where we know how much pedophilia adversely affects children.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, God help us if it ever comes to pass when pedophilia becomes accepted. Like I said before, though, pedophia is actually damaging to children, IT HURTS SOMEBODY, unlike homosexuality where I really see no victim. That's why I don't think that the ideological leap from homosexuality to pedophilia will ever occur. Especially with modern psychology where we know how much pedophilia adversely affects children.

What if they don't get to the point where they act out? Is it still acceptable to have those thoughts?:shrug:

What if they don't get to the point where they act out? Is it still acceptable to have those thoughts?:shrug:

No, its not acceptable to have those thoughts. Pedophillic thoughts can possibly lead to you acting them out. But like XR8D302 said, people have sinful thoughts a lot. Its called temptation. Most people don't act out on those thought. The ones that do go to jail.

No, its not acceptable to have those thoughts. Pedophillic thoughts can possibly lead to you acting them out.

I'm not condoning persecution for thoughts either...like a Minority Reports thing(I didn't see the movie).

The point I'm trying to make is that the conditions are very similar. Yet we encourage one of the conditions and promote it as normal.
No it doesn't hurt anyone. But should it be on every MTV dating show and forced in front of us until we accept that it is okay?

I'm not condoning persecution for thoughts either...like a Minority Reports thing(I didn't see the movie).

The point I'm trying to make is that the conditions are very similar. Yet we encourage one of the conditions and promote it as normal.
No it doesn't hurt anyone. But should it be on every MTV dating show and forced in front of us until we accept that it is okay?

We allow one and not the other because "one", like you said, doesn't hurt anybody while "the other", does hurt people.

I do agree, though, that people shouldn't be forced to accept that homosexuality is right, just as I don't beleive that people should force others to despise homosexuals. Just treat them like "normal" people (everybody has their vices). But I really don't like gays who go around flaunting it, carrying it like a chip on their shoulder.

I hug out with a kid who was gay that I met through some friends. He was a nice kid, and funny to hang around. But you could definately tell that he wasn't all there, lik ethe wheel was spinning but the hamster was dead.
We shouldn't despise them, but there are definately some psychological issues there.

I hug out with a kid who was gay that I met through some friends. He was a nice kid, and funny to hang around. But you could definately tell that he wasn't all there, lik ethe wheel was spinning but the hamster was dead.
We shouldn't despise them, but there are definately some psychological issues there.

Yeah, I've known a couple too, and some of them were kinda weird, but then there's a lot of weird straight people too.....Guero.....(I think he's straight)

Edit: BTW, I've enjoyed this conversion...but I really need to work on this behavioral science paper...gonna be an all-nighter.

If the "if it doesn't hurt anybody then its ok" doctrine is wrong, then what will we base our laws on? Should we become a theocracy? Should we jail people for using God's name in vain? I'm pretty sure that America is based on religous freedom. Now don't get me mixed up with those people who want to take "God" out of the pledge of allegience and ban prayer in school, sporting events, and such, because this country was founded on the belief in God. But how you choose to worship should be left up to the individual. Hell, the entire Anglican church was founded because some English king wanted to have a divorce...

I really don't want to get caught up in a religious arguement here, but suffice it to say that I guess my religious views differ from yours.

Me either. It's a delicate balance when it comes to the law I agree. Yes people SHOULD have the right to believe what they want - but not to hurt the children - period - I am sure you agree.

:OT: I know but Check this out!
Sounds like you are an educated guy. Get this book if you are interested in weeding through all the ficticious garbage out there today between religion, science and philosophy and getting some real answers read "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist." It's an eye opener and gives a lot of intellectuals perhaps like yourself FACTUAL answers they have been looking for but may not have the time or inclination to look up! :)

Today's 13 year old's have tits. That messes me right up....

That said, the thought of doing one is morally wrong, that's just a social norm that we've carried on for a long time.

Now be honest here....how many times have you been driving down the street, look at a ridiculously hot chick, then realize that she's twelve-teen? Uh huh....you all know it's happened...

What separates the men from the pedophiles is that we'll say "ah ****" and they'll say "ah opportunity"

I think what these dateline folks are doing is priceless! It's not like they're going to nail innocent guys doing this....everyone they catch has been guilty right from the start

this is just my humble opinion, but generally I think that these guys are getting what they deserve, and I hope they spend lots of days in front of some horny lifer in prison...:nice:

i know what you mean about younging:nonono: :nonono: when i was 15 and my now fiance was 13 shes was fully deveoped....pretty much started her periods at 10....i have heard all this is happening because of the stuff they put in beef and whatnot and from eating it it is developing children fast also...
and women are constantly trying to look older and act older and with children getting developed earlier i totally agree with the driving down the road and seeing a girl then you get a real good look and its like WTF.... the worlds pretty messed up...but i think a lot of these victims are little whores to begin with there not these peffectly innocent 13 year olds that are decived by these older men and are corrupted...they are :taco:s that are out begging these guy and then they get what they want and either freak out or get caught and the parents probley turn these guys in..

im not saying i that i think that it should go on totally not what im getting at because guys that go thru with it are low lifes...but you 20 year olds if your talking to a 17 year old thats beggin for your ****...i bet a lot of you would give it to her im betting and that is still totally in the wrong!!! but it is viewed differently when the girl is 15 and the guy is 25....either way still wrong.

i remember being 18 when my fiance was 16...even though we were together and had been for awhile if she had gotten preg at that time i would of been put into jail...even if she didn't press charges and her mom didn't it was a state action...:nono: so i was pretty uncomfortable till she hit 18.