ATTN: Polishers - got a quick question

mansonozz said:
Use a palm sander or electric for that, Dremels suck balls and will only leave dips. They REALLY suck for the actual polishing, too, don't even waste your time.

I've never had any real success using a Dremel either.
Every piece that I've done I've hand sanded with the exception of some spiral sanding rolls on a drill to get into those corners.
I've always said my way is not the best or only way to sand or polish a piece, just so happens that it works for me.

• Sponsors (?)

The only thing that I found that sucks with the dremel is the buffing. It never comes out that good, it just doesnt get into the metal enough. I can sand just fine with the dremel though, go very lightly and always keep it moving and you can avoid dents and scars and dips. Although the only time I use it for sanding is in tough corners with some tapered sanding rolls from eastwood, those things are a gift from god in my oppinion. If your going to use a dremel, dont use the high speeds, I never go past 2 on mine, ever. Oh and dont ever consider what you do with a dremel to be finished, I always go back and hand sand, I just use it for rough and severly pitted areas, it sands faster than me :).

I had it polished locally. He charged $100, mainly due to I wanted the runners polished and he said it was a pain in the butt to sand in between them. I am thinking of having him do the throttle body and egr spacer also, he said he would do the egr for 25 and the throttle body for 35. I would like to sell my bbk throttle body and get the accufab but it would be cheaper just to polish what i have

Once you start it will never end.

imag0118.jpg