Auburn vs Trac-lok vs T.S.D?

Great68

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Victoria BC
What's the difference in how they work and which one is better/stronger?

The Auburn is quite easy for me to get up here in BC, and it only comes in at $555 Canadian. I could probably order the T.S.D. direct from Currie.

I found out that the limited slip I have right now is the crummy Equa-Lock style (ewww). I put my 2.80 open gears back in until I'm done my headswap and can afford to buy a new limited slip unit for the 3.55's.

• Sponsors (?)

Tell me when you ready and or if your interested. I need to upgrade to a 9 in. and have a set od 3.80's and a auburn limited slip I will be getting rid of to fund this new beast. I just need to find one around here.

well thats a great thing to hear. Oh well, for what i paid i couldn't really say no. My car doesn't get many miles a year (have a honda DD now). Full differential with 3.55's installed and ready to just bolt in for about the price of a new auburn unit itself, so im not really complaining. As long as it gets rid of the peg leg im fine with it.

exremely good while it last unfortunatly it doesn't last that long.

When it goes the car will not move nothing and just make a basball card taped to your bicycle noise.

It keeps your spider gears and uses them by being a tooth tooth contact. When it opens it up for turns it simply grinds the teeth on top of each other thus eventually wearing them down and not gripping for nothing.

Fostang said:
yeah they're good till the cone wears down.

Not a good idea to get a used one.

What auburn does now is if you have a receipt you can send it in after 4 years with 100 bucks they send you a new unit.

oh its all brand new, and thanks for telling me that, ill make sure the guy sends me thge receipt as well.