auto or stick??

stanging06

Jul 17, 2007
im looking to get a 05 to 07 gt and im debaiting on geting a stick or standard..... i know the diffrent qualities in both far as like in a standard u car hear the exhaust alot better but i wanted some opoions on from people that already own or drive 1.

• Sponsors (?)

What's wrong with a daily driver being stick? I wouldn't have it any other way. It's nice to have something to do on an otherwise boring commute. There's many people on this board with manuals as daily drivers, and I'm sure they feel the same way.

It's all about what feels better to you. Unlike previous generations, the autos in the new Mustangs are very responsive with a good tune, and can pull the same times (if not a tad lower) as a manual with the right tune. So, it's really just what you feel most comfortable with.

What's wrong with a daily driver being stick? I wouldn't have it any other way. It's nice to have something to do on an otherwise boring commute. There's many people on this board with manuals as daily drivers, and I'm sure they feel the same way.

It's all about what feels better to you. Unlike previous generations, the autos in the new Mustangs are very responsive with a good tune, and can pull the same times (if not a tad lower) as a manual with the right tune. So, it's really just what you feel most comfortable with.

thanx yea ive has 3 stangs and my first was a 93 gt it was a auto but i had a 00 with a stick and then it just seemed like the autos at that time were so freaking slow stock like u had to beef it up but a stick didnt seem like u had too as much so im just trying to figure out witch way to go this time around.. i do mostly highway driving so.. ill have this for awhile so im looking what will be great for performance in the long run

In every mustang i've owned which is a lot ive always had a 5spd. For me it just kind of goes with being mustang, however i will say these new stangs being autos are pretty bad ass its not like the old days. However there is nothing like banging through a set of gears.:nice:

5-Speed here and a DD! If you plan on going to the track allot, I would go with the auto as generally they are more consistent. I just want something that's fun to drive and really don't care about et's hence the manual.

Man - o man, it's like your asking if blonde's are hotter than redheads or brunettes.
My take is simple...
More woman drive auto's, so if re-sale is important, then by an auto. Sports cars are fun to drive no matter what you drive. I happen to like standard shift for sports cars. It's just personnel preference.:nice:

Man - o man, it's like your asking if blonde's are hotter than redheads or brunettes.
My take is simple...
More woman drive auto's, so if re-sale is important, then by an auto. Sports cars are fun to drive no matter what you drive. I happen to like standard shift for sports cars. It's just personnel preference.:nice:

Bingo! It's all what you want from the car...... I've had both over the years, but both my current mustangs are sticks.

Auto w/Tune IMHO..

Just as fast, and you get to chill out in traffic or on hills...

With the tune, the throttle response is insane, and the shifts nice and stiff, I have a buddy who drives an 06 GT Stick Tuned+Cai, Loses to me every time, mostly because of the fact that the auto kicks it in gear much faster then a human can shift.. Also you can adjust to to match your engines powerband with a good dyno tune..

Just my 2 Cents.. Both are great.. I went auto for reasons above..

C

i enjoy shifting my own gears, but if i wanted the most consistent times, i would get the auto. like previously stated, this auto with a tune is amazing. there is just something about rowing your own gears that appeals to me personaly. :nice:

either way, cant go wrong.

Agree. I like the consistency of the auto, but nothing beats "rowing the gears" in any sorts of sports car. The ability to “dump it” at the light and blaze the hides is more than enough reason for me to get one. :nice: