auto to stick conversion

S

superstang65

i have a 65 coupe, and am interested in converting it to a stick, rather than the stock automatic. the transmission that i am going to be getting, is the TR3550 , or maybe the TKO TR3550. and of course i am putting in a 302 with a 9 inch rearend. i was just wondering if anyone has done this conversion before, or has any suggestions. thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

superstang65 said:
i have a 65 coupe, and am interested in converting it to a stick, rather than the stock automatic. the transmission that i am going to be getting, is the TR3550 , or maybe the TKO TR3550. and of course i am putting in a 302 with a 9 inch rearend. i was just wondering if anyone has done this conversion before, or has any suggestions. thanks for your help.

Welcome aboard.....I did something simlar. I converted my 67 auto to a 4 speed toploader. Pretty easy in the big picture once you know how its supposed to be done and what bolts where. The modern 5 speed conversion has become a fairly standard conversion too. Most of the conversion parts are available from places like mustangs plus or mustangs unlimited. I dont have a lot of info on the conversion you are doing, but I am sure there are several around here that have all the info you need!