Automatic Mods

• Sponsors (?)

Get a high stall converter, some type of shift kit/valve body - or try the Jerry Mod Shift kit its free, a tranny cooler and some low gears. With that youll be showing those 5spds whos boss :nice: :)

dkshadow said:
Get a high stall converter, some type of shift kit/valve body - or try the Jerry Mod Shift kit its free, a tranny cooler and some low gears. With that youll be showing those 5spds whos boss :nice: :)

Right on. Do that and you will fear no 5 spd. Go for 3000-3200 stall. I recommend a Performance Automatic street/strip valve body. Oh, you will need a custom chip to make the converter/valve body combo work well. And don't forget the gears. 3.73s, 3.90s, or 4.10s. 4.10s are probably the best bet, though.

Unless you are going to use the car as a pure race vehicle, I would not get a PA valve body. The one in your car will do just fine if tweaked for best performance. Besides, the PA won't have adjustable line pressure and will create a lot of unneeded stress for the street.

I'd stick with 4.10 gears, a PI stallion 3200rpm stall converter, J-modding your valve body, and definenelty adding an auxillary cooler.

Also, might want to consider adding synthetic fluid.

Bump

BTW- how many miles does it have on it? If it needs to be rebuilt you could add some more things in there.

Performance Automatic doesn't have 4R70W valve bodies... do you use the aode?

And the street/strip valve body, how does it work? Anyone know? Thanks