AutoMeter Oil Pressure Gauge Help!!

Fast_Mustang87

Aug 24, 2004
Illinois
Hey everyone, Today i wen't out to start my 91 Coupe this morning and i smelled a oil burning smell so i shut the car off and poped the hood. I looked and found out that my oil pressure gauge line has been burned off by the headers and there was oil everywhere, Not sure how it ended up on the headers but it was a plastic line. I traced the line threw the firewall and it's going to my autometer sport comp gauge so i want to replace the line ASAP. I was wandering how easy it is to put a new line in? I am wanting to get a stainless steel line so this don't happen again but i'm not sure what size/gauge i need or where to get one...What size fitting ect...Also it needs to fit where my oil pressure gauge is in the housing (To the right of the Tach). I really need help PLEASE anyone:flag:

ShannonPictures010.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Autometer makes a stainless line kit with AN-4 or AN-3 line that you can get from SummitRacing.com. It will include all of your fittings that you need. I would be careful how you route it because I don't think it would last either if it is up against the header.

You could also go with an electric gauge so you wouldn't have oil in the car.

Good luck......

Hey thanks for the help! Thing is i didn't know it was on the header untill it was too late lol...Anyways i wen't to the local auto parts store and purchased the line...The line went in easy as can be (Took a little while lol) I carefully mounted it away from the header. But thanks for the help guys! Oh and as far as electric i might go that route in the future cuz iv'e herd good things about them.:flag:

Look up threads started by Jrichker (it was a Talk thread) and read about his use of a restrictor in the oil line at the engine. That way if the line is compromised, the reducer limits the amount of oil sprayed/depleted.

This little trick can save your engine if your oil pressure line springs a leak...

Install the gauge line restrictor in the oil pressure supply fitting on the engine.
Connect the flex tubing or hydraulic hose to the gauge restrictor. Be sure to route the tubing or hose away from the
exhaust manifolds. Be sure to either use hydraulic hose or oil and heat resistant flex tubing for the pressure line. Do not use
copper tubing for the connection to the gauge restrictor or engine. Over a period of time, the vibration will work harden the
tubing and cause it to crack and fail.

49295d1172975440-pressure-gauge-line-restrictor-pressure-gauge-flow-restrictor.gif