Autometer Wideband Sensor

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
quick question,i have long tubes,it says to drill and install the sensor to the collector,so that would be on the header correct?...the sensor is fine just reading the one side?...
thanks just want to make sure

• Sponsors (?)

ok....just was making sure it didnt have to be in the x pipe or somthing to read both sides....its welded in and working now
Some guys do put it in the xpipe, others say not to. Most companies suggest a distance from the exhaust port for accurate readings, that distance tends to put the xpipe too far away to install the sensor there. It's a debatable subject, but you'll be fine where its at now.

quick question,i have long tubes,it says to drill and install the sensor to the collector,so that would be on the header correct?...the sensor is fine just reading the one side?...
thanks just want to make sure

What kind of full length headers do you have that don't come with the O2 bungs already in them? My BBK LT's have them in each side.

With the AEM 30-2310, you can cut the pigtail off your old O2 sensor and hook it up to your wideband O2 sensor and then plug it directly into your factory O2 harness.

Edit: Sorry I had time to think. This is typically used with a stand alone ECU. Nevermind.

With the AEM 30-2310, you can cut the pigtail off your old O2 sensor and hook it up to your wideband O2 sensor and then plug it directly into your factory O2 harness.

Edit: Sorry I had time to think. This is typically used with a stand alone ECU. Nevermind.

I see what your saying now. You can do that as most of the Wideband have a simulated narrow band signal wire that you can tap into. The simulated signal is still based off of the wideband readings. It doesn't track as accurately as a true narrowband, but works decent. You can do this without a stand alone system.