• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Autometer Wideband Sensor

  • Thread starter Thread starter smkshw
  • Start date Start date Apr 6, 2015

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
1,095
235
94
Apr 6, 2015
#1
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #1
quick question,i have long tubes,it says to drill and install the sensor to the collector,so that would be on the header correct?...the sensor is fine just reading the one side?...
thanks just want to make sure
 

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Apr 6, 2015
#2
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #2
Yes, the collector is part of the header.
 

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
1,095
235
94
Apr 6, 2015
#3
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #3
liljoe07 said:
Yes, the collector is part of the header.
Click to expand...
ok....sensor works by reading just the one side right?....thanks
 

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Apr 6, 2015
#4
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #4
Which ever side the sensor is in, is the side it reads. Unless I'm not understanding your question?
 

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
1,095
235
94
Apr 6, 2015
#5
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #5
ok....just was making sure it didnt have to be in the x pipe or somthing to read both sides....its welded in and working now
 

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Apr 6, 2015
#6
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #6
smkshw said:
ok....just was making sure it didnt have to be in the x pipe or somthing to read both sides....its welded in and working now
Click to expand...
Some guys do put it in the xpipe, others say not to. Most companies suggest a distance from the exhaust port for accurate readings, that distance tends to put the xpipe too far away to install the sensor there. It's a debatable subject, but you'll be fine where its at now.
 

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
4,968
3,514
204
Spokane, Wa
Apr 6, 2015
#7
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #7
Did you get one that plugs directly into our O2 harness?

Edit: I'm about to tackle this soon but I have the Innovate LC-1
 

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
4,968
3,514
204
Spokane, Wa
Apr 6, 2015
#8
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #8
smkshw said:
quick question,i have long tubes,it says to drill and install the sensor to the collector,so that would be on the header correct?...the sensor is fine just reading the one side?...
thanks just want to make sure
Click to expand...

What kind of full length headers do you have that don't come with the O2 bungs already in them? My BBK LT's have them in each side.
 

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Apr 6, 2015
#9
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #9
FoxMustangLvr said:
Did you get one that plugs directly into our O2 harness?

Edit: I'm about to tackle this soon but I have the Innovate LC-1
Click to expand...
Which one have you seen that plugs directly into the fox harness? The connectors for the wideband are totally different.
 

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
4,968
3,514
204
Spokane, Wa
Apr 6, 2015
#10
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #10
With the AEM 30-2310, you can cut the pigtail off your old O2 sensor and hook it up to your wideband O2 sensor and then plug it directly into your factory O2 harness.

Edit: Sorry I had time to think. This is typically used with a stand alone ECU. Nevermind.
 

liljoe07

5 Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
1,622
363
124
Cartersville,Ga
Apr 6, 2015
#11
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #11
FoxMustangLvr said:
With the AEM 30-2310, you can cut the pigtail off your old O2 sensor and hook it up to your wideband O2 sensor and then plug it directly into your factory O2 harness.

Edit: Sorry I had time to think. This is typically used with a stand alone ECU. Nevermind.
Click to expand...

I see what your saying now. You can do that as most of the Wideband have a simulated narrow band signal wire that you can tap into. The simulated signal is still based off of the wideband readings. It doesn't track as accurately as a true narrowband, but works decent. You can do this without a stand alone system.
 

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
4,968
3,514
204
Spokane, Wa
Apr 6, 2015
#12
  • Apr 6, 2015
  • #12
liljoe07 said:
You can do this without a stand alone system.
Click to expand...

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure enough about that part so I didn't want to say. I'm not going with the AEM with my setup, like I said I'll be using an LC-1 wideband and not using the factory O2 harness.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
207
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Engine Code 41 again
  • Creomod
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
594
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 11, 2026
Mcmahst
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
175
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
A
P0036 P0056 P0137 P0157 2020 Ford Mustang GT
  • AmkoA
  • Jun 16, 2026
  • 2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
0
Views
227
2024+ (S650) Mustang -General/Talk Jun 16, 2026
AmkoA
A
D
Engine HO cam in non HO roller block ‘93 f150
  • DanC1993f150
  • Mar 21, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
427
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 29, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?