B&M Hammer Shifter

huskerpower02

Aug 21, 2003
KS
I was wondering if anyone had a B&M Hammer AOD shifter in their 94 or 95? I have seen it in fox body stangs and have driven one with it and loved it. I would really like to see some pics because i dont know if it would look good or not. Any install stories? Thanks alot.

-Drew

• Sponsors (?)

you mean AODE right???

i dont have one.....YET!!!! :D after i install my Mac catback i'll order one up.
i have seen pics. here they are.

100_0051.jpeg

74476073.jpg

169437_17_full.jpeg

how does this shifter work? like how do you use it? its just like the fox body i'm sure. i've read how it works but was a little confused.

hope that helps.

Dan95-5.0 said:
you mean AODE right???

i dont have one.....YET!!!! :D after i install my Mac catback i'll order one up.
i have seen pics. here they are.

100_0051.jpeg

74476073.jpg

169437_17_full.jpeg

how does this shifter work? like how do you use it? its just like the fox body i'm sure. i've read how it works but was a little confused.

hope that helps.

Ya, i ment AODE, my bad. Yup, im almost 100% sure that its exactly used like the one in the foxs. just "hammer" it into the gear that you want :D anymore information would be greatly appreciated!

huskerpower02 said:
Ya, i ment AODE, my bad. Yup, im almost 100% sure that its exactly used like the one in the foxs. just "hammer" it into the gear that you want :D anymore information would be greatly appreciated!

My son has one in his 95 vert. He has a Lentech valvebody. They work as advertised. To go to R/N/P you have to pull the trigger up. No way you can mess up a shift!

With the stock vert he went 16.4 at the track. He put in the hammer, valvebody, flowmasters, K&N FIPK and bumped the timing to 16*(with 110 octane fuel), and hit a 14.4 on his first run! Looks good too!

How do they work?

urban96 said:
do you need a manual valve body to use it?

No you don't need a manual valve body. The VB is independent of the shifter.

They do not work like the stock shifter entirely. It has a lever to lift to get out of Park or into Reverse from neutral. It is a ratchet style which means you pull it back to shift down or push up to upshift, then its spring loaded to return to center position for the next shift movement.

Wayne

QCStang said:
My son has one in his 95 vert. He has a Lentech valvebody. They work as advertised. To go to R/N/P you have to pull the trigger up. No way you can mess up a shift!

With the stock vert he went 16.4 at the track. He put in the hammer, valvebody, flowmasters, K&N FIPK and bumped the timing to 16*(with 110 octane fuel), and hit a 14.4 on his first run! Looks good too!

If you could take some pictures of the shifter that would be great! How hard was the installation on that thing? Can someone explain to me what a valvebody is? thanks.

Im pretty sure that the hammer shifter is just like the stock one, minus having to hammer the shifter into which gear you want. What i mean by that is that theres still the patter P-R-N-D-2-1.... However im not to sure about overdrive. Im almost sure that its there. Anyone know more?

Hammershifter how it works

huskerpower02 said:
Im pretty sure that the hammer shifter is just like the stock one, minus having to hammer the shifter into which gear you want. What i mean by that is that theres still the patter P-R-N-D-2-1.... However im not to sure about overdrive. Im almost sure that its there. Anyone know more?

Yes you're correct it terms of gears P-R-N-D-2-1. OD is controlled by a button switch just like the stock one. I have a few pics on my web site. The button is located on the right hand side of the shifter near the boot. As far as style goes it has a very nice leather boot, Solid chrome T handle that's curved to fit your hand. Short throw ratchet distance btwn shifts. About a 2 inch pull to engage each ratchet shift. You will not miss the 1-2 or 2-3 shift because it only allows one gear shift at a time.
I didn't install mine but there are others here who have. It has an led to indicate which gear you're in under the P-R-N-D-R-1 panel on the left side of the boot.
Wayne
http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT

GTWayne said:
Yes you're correct it terms of gears P-R-N-D-2-1. OD is controlled by a button switch just like the stock one. I have a few pics on my web site. The button is located on the right hand side of the shifter near the boot. As far as style goes it has a very nice leather boot, Solid chrome T handle that's curved to fit your hand. Short throw ratchet distance btwn shifts. About a 2 inch pull to engage each ratchet shift. You will not miss the 1-2 or 2-3 shift because it only allows one gear shift at a time.
I didn't install mine but there are others here who have. It has an led to indicate which gear you're in under the P-R-N-D-R-1 panel on the left side of the boot.
Wayne
http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT

That looks sweet man. Where did you get yours from? How much was the installation. On B&M site it says something about a C4 Conversion kit, did you have to buy anything other than the shifter? Your car looks awsome by the way :nice: