Bad Engine Mounts

Hey guys, pretty new to the forum as i just got my 01 gt back in october. What a terrible winter it has been. The first winter i get rid of my 4WD this happens.. well besides that...

Got a question about engine mounts. I feel like my engine mounts could be bad. when im driving (i dont normally WOT) unless i enter in on the highway, but just cruisin around really anyspeed, not as much on a level road, more on an hill going up or down, when i let go of my throttle it feels like my engine is shaking. I feel like i hear the sound from right in front of my dash and its going up and down.

Now, would this be the front mounts for the engine itself? or would this be a transmission mount? i feel it practially right below the shifter / in front.

also, its a Manual transmission if that makes any difference

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Im having the same problem. ill watch your post to answer my question also. or I might just break out the jack and stands and look under the car myself. I live in apartments and they get mad if you try to fix anything yourself. shops here in the gulf charge 69.00 just to put car on the lift. I hope mine is a tranny mount personally. I was told a engine mount to replace is ditch.:(

Stock engine mounts are fairly soft for NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) reasons. They can allow the engine to move a bit which is normal. Having said that, it's possible you've got a torn mount that's allow excess engine or transmission movement when loaded "opposite" to drive loads (e.g. when coasting as opposed to accelerating.)

However, you might want to investigate a bit more before diving in. In particular you might want to have the driveshaft U-joints and the rear bushing in the tailshaft of the transmission housing inspected. Check for looseness and excessive play.