Bad Gas Mileage**So.Cal owners please chime in**

modu1ar tek

Sep 15, 2003
Hey guys, in my last fill-up, I didn't really punch my car alot, but I still got a measly 16 mpg combined highway/streets. Im kinda dissapointed, bout 50% of my driving in the freeway is w/no traffic, and the other 50% is with traffic. Plus I drive it on the streets occasionally..what gas mpg do you guys get in so.cal?

• Sponsors (?)

i get anywhere from 15-25 mpg depending on traffic. most of my driving is on the freeway so i see 21-24 mpg..but if i am driving in heavy freeway or city traffic the mileage goes way down..but, your car might be running way too rich...

last night i saw 87 for 1.93 a gallon!!!!!!! wtf!!! my friend who lives in prescott said she paid 1.50 a gallon and it was 1.40ish back at her hometown of san antonio.

What can I do to see if my car is running too rich? Can I take it to the dealer?

I drove to O.C. from Glendale once and with very minimal traffic + 2 120mph runs I got 22mpg.

But then again, it could be my work route or driving style. When I had my Integra(1.8L)..I only got like 23-24 mpg.

1990StangLX said:
last night i saw 87 for 1.93 a gallon!!!!!!! wtf!!! my friend who lives in prescott said she paid 1.50 a gallon and it was 1.40ish back at her hometown of san antonio.

$1.93 = a gallon of 91 octane here :mad:

MY o/r h pipe killed my gas mileage. I was getting 19 in town and now get about 16. I know some of it has to do with me shifting a little later because it sounds so damn good, but no 3 mpg worth. I have pep mil eliminators and I know my car runs ridiculoulsy rich now. What can I do to lean it back out besides a chip. I don't want a chip yet because I will need one when I get my kenne bell, so I don't want to buy things twice.

increased heating demand on the other side of the country causes oil stocks to decrease, while OPEC doesn't want to increase production. meanwhile, oil companies who can charge pretty much anything they want to us on the west coast use the cold weather to justify raising prices.

1990StangLX said:
increased heating demand on the other side of the country causes oil stocks to decrease, while OPEC doesn't want to increase production. meanwhile, oil companies who can charge pretty much anything they want to us on the west coast use the cold weather to justify raising prices.

~$1.50 for 87 here and we make the damn stuff!

well I wasn't driving when it was that cheap, I guess I was ~14 so 4 years ago? Still, if I can see a freaking oil well from the end of my street, I think we should get free gas or something. Maybe a barral of crude as tribute every week.

FallenPhoenix said:
well I wasn't driving when it was that cheap, I guess I was ~14 so 4 years ago? Still, if I can see a freaking oil well from the end of my street, I think we should get free gas or something. Maybe a barral of crude as tribute every week.
well i wouldnt be so sure, if you were seeing a chat i'm in, theres a guy saying prices of oil have no effect on prices of gasoline. :shrug:

I wouldn't doubt it, my macro economics teacher has given us some sound evidence that gas profits have become ridiculous in the past few years. Especially when you consider that they don't have to even pay someone to pump it anymore. I think I'm going to see if I can get some of that oil from the well.

FallenPhoenix said:
I wouldn't doubt it, my macro economics teacher has given us some sound evidence that gas profits have become ridiculous in the past few years. Especially when you consider that they don't have to even pay someone to pump it anymore. I think I'm going to see if I can get some of that oil from the well.
funny, i'm studying econ too :)
i'll bet there is some sort of industry collusion going on. its just to easy in an oligopalistic market. oh well, we are the ones getting screwed