Bad Gas Mileage**So.Cal owners please chime in**

• Sponsors (?)

modu1ar tek said:
Hey guys, in my last fill-up, I didn't really punch my car alot, but I still got a measly 16 mpg combined highway/streets. Im kinda dissapointed, bout 50% of my driving in the freeway is w/no traffic, and the other 50% is with traffic. Plus I drive it on the streets occasionally..what gas mpg do you guys get in so.cal?

So Cal here as well. I get about 23 mpg on strictly highway driving and around 12-13 in the city. Even with 25% highway and 75% city driving I STILL get around 13 mpg's. That seems very low to me, and I have even had the dealer put the car on a computerized milage simulation check and they said it was within specs.... TWICE! I read so many posts of people saying they get much higher mpg in the city than I have ever gotten, and I drive civil most of the time. What gives? 13 mpg's sucks!!!! I have to fill up at around 180 miles......
Can the car be running rich?

I've got an auto... never calculated the MPG but I get about 280 to a tank before I fill up. Around 285-290 the Low Fuel light comes on.

Gas prices suck. I paid 1.75 to fill up yesterday down in Orange County... and that was the cheapest 76 I could find.

Islander03GT said:
I've got an auto... never calculated the MPG but I get about 280 to a tank before I fill up. Around 285-290 the Low Fuel light comes on.

Gas prices suck. I paid 1.75 to fill up yesterday down in Orange County... and that was the cheapest 76 I could find.
what about the Arco station thats down by the bowling alley over by moorpark? they usually are really cheap when i am up there..

I have a card for 76 for one, hehe.

Second, I've never had any luck with Arco gas... my S10 (H.O. 4.3L) would ping on their 87. So I try to aviod it. Only good cheap gas I've found is Costco.

And I wasnt in Simi/Moorpark, I was down around Dana Point. Although that probably explains how expensive it was.

I work on marthas vineyard, Ma for the summer, where i drive my GT and premium (93) is about 2.26 a gallon. The cheapest you can get 87 for is like 2.06 I dunno what it is in the wintertime now, but i have to turn my tiing adjuster down beause the damn cost of gas there.