BAD Mach 1 street racing crash!!! Pics

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
I saw this on another Forum & had to repost it here. It was an Azure Blue Mach 1, it split in half, & 2 people died in this accident...Pretty sad, & this could happen to any one of us....Be careful fellas....RIP to the victims & my condolences go out to the families involved...

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=57722

View attachment 318396

View attachment 318397

View attachment 318398

Look at the red arrow in this pic, the seat belt was fastened when the wreck happened. Must have hit pretty hard...

View attachment 318399

• Sponsors (?)

that is disturbing and horrible. i cant imagine how fast you have to be going in order to rip a mustang in half.

i feel bad for the family's of the victims. but if any good comes of this it is that it will serve as a grave reminder of can happen if people street race, and other lives can be saved.

EDIT: quote from the news report "Witnesses report seeing the car street racing with a Dodge Neon. Police are now interviewing the driver of that car to find out what actually happened........According to Harhigh's family, Mark had owned the car just two days."

kid gets mach 1 purchased for him by his parents. tells his buddy who drives a SRT-4 "dude my car will whip your ass" they go out cause every douche in a SRT-4 will never turn down a chance to "fast and furious" it up to american muscle of any kind, especially a mustang.

Completely unfamilair 2 day old car + street racing = Bad outcome

I know I'm just stating the obvious......... But, sounds like he had it coming. Those are the actions of a child. Someone his age has enough common sense to know the possible consequences, he just chose to ignore them.

I feel bad for the girl who died and her family.......shame she put herself in that car with that guy.

SIGH, damn bro I thought that was you, I just glanced at the thread title and said oh ****. That is horrible, I would think it's pretty hard to rip a car in half. Honestly, I know most people will say that they were mature enough as beginning drivers to drive a V8 mustang, but i'm really glad that I didnt have my car at 16 or 17, I loved speed waaayyyy too much, and had too little control. Now things are much different of course. I just hope this will show at least one kid out there what could happen.

Very sad :( .

I wonder if some of these things could be avoided if race tracks were more accessible to young people in cities and towns. I mean we have a track about 25 mins away that is open 5 days a week. On Tuesday nights you race all night for $5. When you leave there, you've pretty much had your racing fill.

I'm no longer a "young lad" so I don't have that temptation to race every car that challenges me at a stop light but I remember being 20 and having trouble turning down those challenges.

Fast forward to today, ask my 4 year old son where do you drive the Mustang fast and he'll quickly answer you "Only at the track". I figure I'd brain wash it into him young.

Would more race tracks be a solution to these tragic events? Would these kids have taken their cars there instead? I wonder.

My prayers go out to the families.