She Bought Me A Mach 1

Jan 29, 2018
I've spent my 35 years on this planet loving mustangs. Well maybe the last 25 years or so. I was about 10 the first time I saw an older kid at my school doing donuts in the highschool parking lot and I decided right then and there, I was going to do that. I didn't end up with my own mustang untill I graduated highschool. My dad bought me a black 1990 GT right before my senior year, parked it in the garage and told me I could have it when I graduated. Tortured me basically. My last day of school, I went and hopped in it and the mayham began. I had WAY to much fun in that car. Like, think back at all the close calls I had and am thankful I'm here. After a couple years, I got dumb and sold it. A couple years later I bought another black 90 GT. Ran the hell out of it and sold it about a year later. Then years go by and I buy a 66 coupe with a 6er under the hood. Not fast by any means but a cool car. It was pretty early in my relationship with my current girlfriend and we would just cruise, hit some car shows and take it out to dinner. Then one day, for some stupid reason I decided I wanted to sell it. She said no. I said I'm selling it. She said I was being stupid. I didn't listen. She all but begged me not to do it. Sold. Now depression sets in. What have I done? Hours feel like days. Days feel like months. Months feel like years. I searched and seachered classifieds looking for it to buy back. I actually found it once about a year after I sold it. The add showed it sitting in garage, crap pilled on the hood and roof. They wanted a couple thousand more than I sold it to them for and if looked rough. I thought on it too long and the add disappeared

Now to present day. On January 11th my girlfriend sent me a video of a mustang. Just the back bumper and the spoiler could be seen and it was running showing off the exhaust. I messaged her back and said, "I love that sound. 03 Mach 1 mustang. Awesome car". She replied, "you're ridiculous, that's exactly what it is". When I got home she informed me her friend was selling it. We talked about it for a while but I came to the conclusion that my truck has over 200k on it and will have to replaced eventually. I already have a Harley payment and didn't want to add a mustang payment that would inevitably be joined with a truck payment.

Fast forward to January 20th. The day before my 35th bday. Family photos day. Yay... We drive to her mom's house to meet with everyone to car pool to meet the photographer. We walk in the house and she says, "I have to grab something from the car". I'm thinking what the hell does she need in the car? Then she asks her 9 year old nephew to help her. Again, wierd. I few minutes later her mom asks me to come to the garage to "look at something on her truck".

At this point I'm still totally oblivious to what's going on. I walk out of the house, round the corner and there is my girlfriend and nephew, standing next to an 03 Azure Blue Mach 1 mustang. SHE BOUGHT ME A FREAKING MUSTANG FOR MY BIRTHDAY. Be jealous fellas. Be jealous. The best part so far is the fact that it's her first time riding with me in a Mustang other than the 6 cylinder. The first time I romped it in 2nd and let the ass end swap side to side a few times I didn't hear a word until I got to the next stop light and I got a, "I think I peed a little". Haha!!

Find a women that'll buy you a mustang boys!
20180120_170027.jpg
20180120_170431.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Awesome story, car and GF! Triple play, good for you! Similar story for me but my wife didn’t buy my car, just buckled down, paid off some junk (if it’s a bill not related to a mustang it’s junk lol) so I could. Who needs a furnace, roof, clothes for their kids, furniture...you know, that kind of junk lmao! Just keep it between the lines and enjoy!!!

Reactions: 1 user