Bad Spindle?

RatRod65

Oct 2, 2014
Can anyone tell me if this is bad based on the grooves on the taper? And is it usable? Been working on this car nonstop all weekend, brain is a little fried. Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

• 155B67CF-D45F-439D-8400-64762DEC4900.jpeg
    155B67CF-D45F-439D-8400-64762DEC4900.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Sponsors (?)

the tapered portion has no function , the bearing and seal surfaces are the narrow flat surfaces, the larger surface all the way in for the inner bearing and seal, and the outer bearing surface that is flush with the outer thread.

the tapered portion has no function , the bearing and seal surfaces are the narrow flat surfaces, the larger surface all the way in for the inner bearing and seal, and the outer bearing surface that is flush with the outer thread.

Thanks for the reply. The new bearing won’t get passed the taper onto the large diameter, probably just scotch brite? I already checked the part numbers for the bearing

If you slide the bearing on until it stops, and gently rock it you can figure out where the high spot is, and file it down with a fine tooth file. usually doesn't take much, so a couple of strokes and check it. It needs to slide on easily, so don't force it.

If you slide the bearing on until it stops, and gently rock it you can figure out where the high spot is, and file it down with a fine tooth file. usually doesn't take much, so a couple of strokes and check it. It needs to slide on easily, so don't force it.

Thanks for the help man. I saw the rough finished and got a little scared there. As for the bearing the part numbers were right, but the bearing is wrong. Going to return it to autozone tomorrow

Just a hint, lately there is a lot of Chinese crap out there, and they are crap. I buy from a bearing shop now because of it. Timken , SKF, ect. Where are you? Someone here can probably point you to a bearing shop in your area. I use Capeway bearing in Plymouth,Ma.