Bad throwout bearing

my girlfriends 2004 mustang gt started squealing. Its extremely loud. She said at first when you pushed the clutch pedal to the floor it would go away. Now it still does it when you put the pedal to the floor. Just not as loud as when its released. She also said it goes away at about 2500 rpm. I think it's the throw out bearing. Just wanted to make sure before I pull the headers and transmission. I just replaced the clutch, flywheel, pilot bearing and throw out bearing a few years ago. It's got about 30k miles on it if that. I used the throw out bearing that came in the clutch kit and I think that's where I messed up. I attached a photo of the throw out bearing. Is it supposed to be on the pressure plate like that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191023-160932_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191023-160932_Gallery.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Sponsors (?)

Sounds a lot like mine when it had a bad throwout bearing.

As for bearing to pressure plate contact, I had the same question a couple years back and the consensus I gathered from research was that this was normal. I felt like I had to give my adjuster more pressure than necessary, but that's the only way it'd shift decently (as decent as a 200k trans can anyway).