Baffles in the 04 Cobra Tailpipes?

Uncle Meat said:
Doubtful... The pistons are the weak link and they're not going to last at that power level. The crank and rods may, but the pistons are getting damaged on numerous 03/04 Cobras at power levels well below 1000.

U.M.

that could be attributed to crazy arse owners using canned tunes that are not dialed in on some of these bolt on twin screw blowers or when guys start slapping on nitrous, making a dozen drag runs and then start asking, gee my car is not running so good anymore, should I have changed my tune for the juice??? Probably before you melted your pistons might have been a better choice!
:lol:
I think the stock cobra bottom is good to at least 600hp, untouched as long as the heat dissipation problem these angry little hornets have, is delt with properly, IMHO.

OregonMustang said:
where did you get that chill box my friend it's awesome!

Call Eric at Precision Fabrication, great guy, master tig welder:
PFab Coolant tanks and custom welding

- 04_snake

• Sponsors (?)

Actually the reason the pistons don't hold up under very high HP levels is due to the minimal size of the ring lands. Ford had to make a trade off between strength and emissions. That coupled with the massive amount of heat generated on a high HP blown application.

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
Actually the reason the pistons don't hold up under very high HP levels is due to the minimal size of the ring lands. Ford had to make a trade off between strength and emissions. That coupled with the massive amount of heat generated on a high HP blown application.

U.M.

Dude do you sleep....LOL
You are Mr. Ford....unreal...that's awesome!

:hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: