Bama tune 4 bank 1990 foxbody

Ajr3268

Feb 13, 2017
Tampa, FL
My car came with a Bama tune 4 bank chip, I recently did some mods to the car and was wondering if i could get a new revised tune without the free tunes for life program or is it even worth using the custom tune or should i just leave the car the way it is because it runs fine with the mods it has now minus the usual way they run without dyno tunes. The car has 24lb injectors, walboro 255 lph fuel pump, xe274 stage 4 cam, edelbrock aluminum heads, gt40 explorer upper and lower intakes, bbk shorty headers, h-pipe, and flowmaster 40 series mufflers. Also would a dyno tune fix this issue: After the car runs for 30 or 40 minutes, it idles really low and sometimes wants to turn off so i have to give it gas a little. In the first 5-10 min it runs fine idles at about 950 rpm. Should i get rid of that custom tune, is it any good?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, there is a thread in the 5.0 tech forums that talks about how to check for codes, this will likely turn into a tech talk thing so don't be surprised if it gets moved to tech, post the codes you get.