Bassani Exhaust...Resonation?

pumpkinfish

Apr 1, 2005
Philly Area
I hope this is in the right place, if not can a mod move it to the appropriate place.

My current setup is as follows:

C&L CAI, Ford Racing Headers and I just installed the Bassani axle-backs.

After installation of the Bassani’s, I am getting a lot of resonation throughout the car and it is causing a serious rattle in the rear interior somewhere. I believe it might be the speaker grills, but I haven’t had time to investigate. Also, when I am driving around town, I am getting a serious drone around 30-40mph. Is this normal for the Bassani axle-backs? I also have the Bassani X-pipe with high flow cats and I am debating if I should even put it on. I am thinking as it is, I am a little too loud. I noticed the CAI made the stock exhaust with headers a lot louder and the axle-backs just upped the ante.

Bottom line is, if I add the Bassani X-pipe, what will happen to the sound? With all the rattles that I am now getting and the drone, is it worth keeping them on? My ultimate goal is to have a beefier sound than stock, but I want to be able enjoy the car as it is my daily driver. Is Bassani that answer or should I look elsewhere? To give you an idea of what I am looking for, the new GTO is about what I want in terms of sound.

• Sponsors (?)

Strange - I don't have my headers installed yet, but with CAI and Bassani axle-back, I don't get any drone. Pretty quiet in the cabin so long as I'm not on or off the gas, just cruising.

delurker said:
Strange - I don't have my headers installed yet, but with CAI and Bassani axle-back, I don't get any drone. Pretty quiet in the cabin so long as I'm not on or off the gas, just cruising.

Mine is quiet off throttle too. Sorry I should have posted that. The drone is when I am giving the car gas to stay at 30-40mph, around 2000 rpm I believe. It just goes through the car. I had the car in the dealer two weeks ago for a dash rattle with the stock exhaust and it was fixed. Now I can see them telling me it is due to an aftermarket exhaust and they can't help me. Which is fine and I accept that but I am just going crazy with the drone as I stated above.

I'll try the X-pipe, but need to get it to the shop as I am not comfortable doing something like that in a driveway on ramps.

I also had the dreaded drone. In my car it was mainly under medium to heavy acceleration in fifth gear at hi-way speeds. I placed dyna-mat on the floor under the rear seat. It changed the tone enough to make it pleasurable instead of annoying.

I've got some drone at 2000 RPM; it's not a problem when cruising at constant speeds though. I'll probably do the dynamat under the rear seat and prob'ly in the trunk too...

With any aftermarket Exhaust System you will experience a little drone in the cab. Bassani is the least of the aftermarket systems. Try calling Bassani to see if they offer baffles for the 05GT.

Make sure the exhaust isn't rubbing/touching anywhere under the car, I had a B&B exhaust on a 93 vette and the muffler would ride up and touch underneath and it made the resonance twice as bad.