bassani xpipe

mat82284

Member
Jul 31, 2003
889
1
16
Ok im getting my brand new bassani x-pipe with cats today in the mail, but im trying to install this today and wanted to know what i need, Is there any gaskets i need? Also what size sockets and how long of an extentsion is needed? and what size wrench for the o2 sensors? Does this bassani xpipe come with gaskets?
 
The only gasket you *might* need is the passenger side flange gasket where the exhaust manifold meets the X pipe. Yours may or may not need replacing after you remove the stock H pipe. I know mine did, it leaked bad and sounded like a dump truck.

Also you will need a few different sized extensions and a swivel socket will take a BIG PITA portion out of the install. I dont remember the sizes of the sockets though.

I also reccomend something like PB blaster or WD 40 to lube up the bolts that may be stuck on fairly well. I also used a small breaker bar to get one or two of them off.

The only problem I ran into was the upper o2 sensors. I for the life of me (and my bleeding hand) could not get them unclipped from their wire harnesses on either side, so I removed them with the pipe still on the car (with an o2 sensor wrench, not needed if you have a good adjustable or regular one in the right size) and left the rear o2s on and transferred them over after I took the pipe off.

Also, what year is your car? If its an 04 I beleive you need o2 extensions.
 
burning rubber pretty much covered it...
when i put mine in, i used an adjustable wrenche for the 02s and it worked out great. also when i first did it, i had exhaust leaks so i was told to use a high temp gasket maker in addition to all the regular gaskets to stop the leaks.... this solved my leaks and i recommend u do it from the start to avoid problems in the future...
most likely will need liquid wrench, and i couldnt get to a few of the header to xpipe bolts without a swivel extension at all..
good luck!