Battery dead twice in the same week

So my Mustang was sitting for about five days before I went to drive it the other day and the battery was dead. I figured it was just due to my Ipod charger being left in the outlet. A friend jumped me and I drove a little while. Then earlier today I went out to go somewhere and it was dead again. I have no idea what the problem could be, because nothing was left plugged into the outlet, my lights were off and the dome light was also turned off. I had heard of some people with 1999's having trouble with the door sensor malfunctioning causing the dome light to stay on, but mine has been turning off. Does anyone have any input on what the problem could be? When I tried starting it, it didn't turn over at all; nothing happened at all when I turned the key.

• Sponsors (?)

its either the alternator or the battery...one or the other.

i take my car to sears to get the battery checked because its free and takes 5 minutes....plus do dont even top my car, just connect the wire....i even open the hood and start it it.

I was having the same problem with my battery constantly dying and I found it was the Mach audio system that was drawing it down after the car had been shut off.

I would say you should do a parasitic amperage draw test before you go throwing an alternator on it.

Not to thread jack or anything, but for the people that hardly ever drive the car and have battery draining issues like alarms, or other 24hour devices I highly recommend getting a solar panel trickle charger.

I bought a Sunforce 5w one for $50 bucks. I plug it into the lighter socket and keep the panel on my passanger seat. When I am not using it , it just fits under the the passenger side seat.

if your having battery issues, it could be useful.