battery relocation...problem

Roos

Oct 15, 2007
ok well my battery went dead and i just put a battery in it that we had laying around....but my hood wouldnt close right so i used the amp wire i had for my subs and relocated it to the trunk.....first off i used the fuse that was with the amp wire....well i took it to go get gas and it stalls on me (imgainge its from takeing the egr off idk) and i go to restart it and blow that fuse....so then i get to looking around and i dont even need a fuse...so i went out at started it reved it a couple times and it stalls on me go to start it and it does the same thing but this time idk what fuse it blew i havent got to lookin.....at least i hope its a fuse i have no power and its all hooked up right....any ideas of why it would be blowing fuses?....

• Sponsors (?)

hmmm..idk i dont have much time to look at it i will investagate it probly sunday and see what i come up with i deff need to get i fixed...if any one else has ideas let me know

What size fuse did you have that it blew. the starter pulls a good amount of amperage, and it pulls more when its hot and the wires are warm cause there's more resistance then. and how do you have it connected to the rest of everything... sounds like a bad conn. to me also.
and you do need a fuse at both ends of that wire in the engine bay and close to the battery... or a circut breaker. otherwise you're risking a fire man.

see i thought i needed a fuse...but when i look at the relocation kits they dont have fuses....but i blew a 200amp fuse... i have the ground to the rad support... and all the power wires to the fuse box...then a 0 gauge wire from the fuse box all the way to the batt and the other ground is in the trunk....

ok my car is officially retarded.... i went to see what was wong with it and i start at the terminals...and i jiggle them and the neg is good and i jiggle the pos and i hear power...i look and the dome light is on and i try and start it and it fires up.....but what i dont get it i tried that yesterday when it first happen....but w.e.....

what terminal's?the battery,or the starter,or fuse box?make sure your post are all clean and tight.take a real good look at all your wiring before you decide to drive it again.it would suck to lose power again away from home...also pic's of your wiring would help everyone troublshoot your problem.