Battety, Alarm? Uggh.

• Sponsors (?)

My first guess would be the battery. Take the car to an Autozone and have them test both the battery and the alternator (might as well since you're there). Let us know what they say. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the testing. Worst thing on a battery is not to use it. Once you get it going again, get a battery tender that automatically monitors the battery voltage and then just monitor the fluid level monthly.

Reactions: 1 users
Most batteries have caps that pry off....be careful because it is acid and will burn.....the level of the "water" should be up to the bottom of the opening. You use distilled water only. Any parts house will show you how to check it.

The battery tender is a small battery charger that can be wired to the battery with a small plug so it us easy o unhook when you want to drive he car. Getting one tat automatically monitors the charge level means you just plug it in when you park the car, unplug it when you drive it....and it keeps the battery charged. Again, a parts store can point you in the right direction.

You also might look into local car clubs for some local asieance on learning about the car care.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for your response!! I appreciate it!! I have been looking into some local mustang clubs... However, due to my hubby's condition, I have no time to actually go to the club.... Is it ok if I keep asking questions here??? Or is that against the rules??? I in NO WAY, mean to be annoying at all, but this is my only route to figure out what is wrong with my baby, for now!! After all these issues with her. I assure you. I want to then just talk about Mustangs!!!! ie :"chroming" out her engine, getting interior and exterior lights, maybe changing her inside color(she was suppose to have a black interior, I hate the beige she has)....You know, Fun stuff. But for now due to hubby getting a trache, being in lung rehab due to him having ALS. Aka Lou Gehrig's. This is my only place to ask repair questions....

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband.

Of course you can continue asking questions. That's part of the reason these forums exist. I think @Az Pete suggested a local club so that someone could actually show you how to do these things instead of you trying to figure everything out online. It's much easier to show someone in person than trying to describe it over the internet, especially if you are new to this. That being said, feel free to keep asking questions. Just be safe (top priority!) and thorough. Eventually, it might be a good idea to find a trustworthy mechanic that can help you with a lot of these things.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much!!! Oh I have a mechanic....he charges $80 an hour, 2 hour min!! Grrr, remember I needed the cam something sensor?? The part cost $12, it took him 5 mins to put in, he wanted to charge me $160 plus tax....I flipped...so he charged me $80 cash......so NOT right!!!! I watched him do that so now I know how....for now I have think I will buy a new battery....and watch Firestone put it in, to learn.....def cannot take this jumping issue anymore!!! Thank tho!! You re the best!!!

Yes.....you are more than welcome here.....fire away with any questions.

Do searches online for anything you may need help understanding. There are videos on nearly everything and many times, pcurs are worth a thousand words.

Can I ask, what part of the country are you in? Might stumble onto a local who is on this forum also.