BBK IN the fender Cold air!!!

gooch06

Sep 23, 2004
How is this model and does it really work? I have a 1990 LX 5.0. Right now I have the stock box with K&N Panel with air silencer removed. Is it worth it to get the in the fender well system?

• Sponsors (?)

its for looks.. not for power.. but it actually does flow better.. the ripples and lil whatever there called on the elbow from the tb to the maf sensor collect air and make pockets which inhibits air intake.. not exactly hp hurter but performance hurter.. plus the intake looks better and is new compared to the old crap!

Thenemesis said:
its for looks.. not for power.. but it actually does flow better.. the ripples and lil whatever there called on the elbow from the tb to the maf sensor collect air and make pockets which inhibits air intake.. not exactly hp hurter but performance hurter.. plus the intake looks better and is new compared to the old crap!

:Word: Finally sombody mentioned the ripples that create turbulance in the air flow! I'm not sure about foxes, but on the SN 5.0s there is even a screen in front of the MAF in the stock air box...a further restriction to air flow that a CAI helped eliminate.
Tim

keep the k&n and stock air box the design and shape of the box controls equal velocity through the MAF sensor, CAI's channel air along one side of the tube do to the elbow coming out of the fenderwell, fluctuating the air past the sensor giving a false reading to the computer.Buy a 76mm C&L mass air with inlet tube and be done with the (ribs) a 19lb calibration tube and you can interchange cal.tubes with later performance upgrades.