BBK vs JLT

DanmMh

Jul 20, 2011
What zup ! im about to buy a CAI BUT i would like to know the opinion of everybody and see which one is the best one, BBK or JLT , in the future im going to buy the BBK throttle body with the spacer, thats why i want to know whats the difference or which one will make my car Faster !, i kind of want to make it match the brands so it looks nicer , but at the same time i think its better the JLT and it will make it run faster.... Opinions PLease !

THANKS !

• Sponsors (?)

There just isn't that much difference between the different brands to base the decision on performance delta. I would go more for fit and underhood looks and go with either Winters suggestion, the K&N kit or one of my favorites today is the Steeda - Looks good underhood (brushed aluminum look) has the heat shield and the Air filter is a little bigger than most. I personally don't care for the BBK "chrome" look and the all plastic K&N I guess is OK (just IMO).

I've put my own together and have an older JLT tb tube and it rubbed on the shock tower with the TrickFlow Plenum installed (makes the angle higher) and had to pickup an Pep boys adapter to make it work. Love the big air filter I picked up however as it did seem to open things up when that went on over the stock airbox and small K&N replacement filter, again not huge.

GL with your search.

You're comparing the best CAI (JLT) with the worst (BBK). anything that is made of any kind of metallic material.

Also, spacers are absolutely useless on fuel injected vehicles.

jlt is literally pvc pipe from home depot with paint on the outside.. if i paid that much money and opened up the box just to pull out a painted pvc pipe id be pissed. i get that its plastic and all but damn....dont spend your money on jlt.....just my opinion....

ive never had any issues with my bbk but if you dont want a metal one then go with k&n or just do a drop in filter as suggested above

Buy the JLT then I'll trade you my BBK for yours straight up. Does that help with your decision? I'm just tired of seeing this bright metal thing under my hood.. Maybe after I detail my motor next week we will see but for now that deal stands.