Been a while, back with questions

yeah, ive heard its a serious PITA to put headers on mod motors so ill leave those alone for now, anything is better than the damn truck mufflers Ford puts on the GTs......and with this car i want some power, but im not tryin to build the fastest car anymore, i did that with my last stang and it cost way too much money

• Sponsors (?)

Teen'93stang5.0 said:
yeah, ive heard its a serious PITA to put headers on mod motors so ill leave those alone for now, anything is better than the damn truck mufflers Ford puts on the GTs......and with this car i want some power, but im not tryin to build the fastest car anymore, i did that with my last stang and it cost way too much money

I got HP and I still have stock mufflers :D

yes, but you would have more with a cat-back, its like the 03 cobra, they could have over 400rwhp if SVT had put a larger intake and a free'r flowing exhaust, but because of emmisions they werent able to...thus the intake and exhaust, though they can flow the 390 something they can, are still a restriction

Teen'93stang5.0 said:
yes, but you would have more with a cat-back, its like the 03 cobra, they could have over 400rwhp if SVT had put a larger intake and a free'r flowing exhaust, but because of emmisions they werent able to...thus the intake and exhaust, though they can flow the 390 something they can, are still a restriction

Catback will not add anything to my car but a different sound.
The tune/flow is in the headers and the X-pipe anything after means diddly.
If your setup were right with a 2 1/2 system you could go down to 1 1/2 pipes after the x-pipe and it would still flow the same. One thing you have to remember is the 03 cobras are trying to push their exhaust through the same size pipes we are and they have way more Hp then we do.

Mufflers have nothing to do with emissions. Infact really I have no idea wy they still spend the $ to put them on cars guess its becouse people like a certain sound. They are there the keep dB levels down. You can do that with out using mufflers.