Engine Been a while since I’ve posted. Oil in coolant.

Don't think its the Head Gasket at all! My 1996 Mustang 4.6 v-8 had similar problem. It's a bad O-Ring at the Oil Filter/water coolant adapter. This is behind the Oil Filter base, an adapter plate. Got the repair kit at Advance Auto Parts.

Also water system is under pressure. If bad Head Gasket, water would go into oil. If bad Head Gasket: water leaking into pistons. Turns into steam, out the tail pipe. Take out the Spark Plugs and crank engine (water would pump out a Hole on the particular piston). Do a Compression Check on all cylinders.

On a Intake Manifold Gasket leak check by spraying Carburetor or Brake Kleen around edges of manifold.

• Sponsors (?)

I got a set of them. How in the world do you get them over a 90 degree boot? It’s harder than trying to staple an egg to a brick wall.

90 degree boot on the spark plug end?

Attachments

• wtf.gif
    wtf.gif
    432.3 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: 1 user
Carburated 79-85 5.0 wires have 90 degree boots

1591480952231.png

EFI are more like 45 degree or straight usually

1591480730587.png

1591481059056.png

Unless you can get your exising sleeves to slide down, for 90 degree wires you can get either these
1591481275822.png

or these
1591481374787.png

Best wires for a fox body v8 are LiveWires, however I have been using the FMS wires on these cars for 25 years . Some people complained about them arcing but I have never had that issue, I've never had an issue with the FMS ones. They are on my 500hp car and my stock 225 hp car

'I really want to drive my car' can lead to short cuts.
I really want to drive mine too but I also don't want to tow it home so I practice patience. I spent 2 years chasing my tail then I put a stock engine in it and drove the snot outta it for several years gathering parts and now I'm working on the engine again, but it will be dependable when it hits the road.
Patience young jedi, patience.

Don't think its the Head Gasket at all! My 1996 Mustang 4.6 v-8 had similar problem. It's a bad O-Ring at the Oil Filter/water coolant adapter. This is behind the Oil Filter base, an adapter plate. Got the repair kit at Advance Auto Parts.

Also water system is under pressure. If bad Head Gasket, water would go into oil. If bad Head Gasket: water leaking into pistons. Turns into steam, out the tail pipe. Take out the Spark Plugs and crank engine (water would pump out a Hole on the particular piston). Do a Compression Check on all cylinders.

On a Intake Manifold Gasket leak check by spraying Carburetor or Brake Kleen around edges of manifold.
Had that on a 4.6 modular block. But that’s not an option for a cheap fix on a Windsor block.