Been gone for a while, got a new toy

Dragonacc

Oct 24, 2002
GA
Well, I haven't been on in a long time. I lost interest in my 68 coupe I was working on. Need to get started on it again... But that's beside the point, I got another toy to play with now.

70 Mach 1, 351C 4v, ram air, auto tranny, power steering, power brakes, 9 inch rear (not sure on the gear ratio)...not much else.

I got a great deal on the car, it's all apart and needs very minor patch work still, but I can take care of that. I'm going to do some mods to it, but nothing that can't be un-done in case I sell it. Probably go with a 5 speed tranny, rebuild the 351, looking for 425-450hp out of it. I'm going to add 4 wheel disc brakes, 4 wheel coilover suspension, rack and pinion steering....not sure what else. I'd like to use fuel injection, something like the aftermarket kits for 289/302/351w's, that way I could still use the ram air and hide all the fuel injection, but I don't know where I'd find something like that for a clevland... Either way, I finally have the fastback I've been wanting so I'm happy.

Good to be back, look forward to hearing your ideas/comments.

• Sponsors (?)

have you thought about using the holley pro-jection unit? it's not port injection but should work fine and you can keep the ram air as well as hiding all the injection stuff under the air cleaner. that's the route i plan on going with my car eventually. i seem to remember reading something recently about someone build ing a port injection unit for the 351c using a billet throttle body but can't remember where i saw it, magazine or web. i seem to recall also that it came from australia, they love the 35 :nice: 1c down there.

Thanks for the link, it's a good read. If that guy could mod a manifold to work then maybe I could just get the multi-point EFI system from someone like Edelbrock and just mod the manifold to fit..

Oh, and am I correct thinking that the transmission tunnel would have to be modified for a T56 to fit in there?