beeping sound!!!!!!!

jlds91389

Feb 1, 2009
Orange Tx
There is a beeping sound that beeps all the time in my car. Its not very lound but i can hear it. My car was wrecked and air bags deployed( i know i know lol) the car was not wrecked bad just enough for the air bags. Can this have enything to do with the sound? Also my car has no door chime? any one have any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

The airbag diagnostic module behind the dash is probably beeping at you as a warning. The only experience I have with these modules is with fox bodies, but I'm assuming (riskily) that they're the same. The airbag module can be beeping for any number of reasons, though, so you should pull codes and reference a list of Ford error codes to see exactly what is wrong. It could be as simple as a bulb burnt out in the cluster. The module can be cleared with a simple procudure. PM a member on here named stang&2Birds for info, or read this Mustang FAQ - Brake, ABS, Air Bag, Engine Tech Home Page or, more specifically, this http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/airBag/airBag95.html

Good Luck!

Does the air bag on the dash light up when the key is first powered on? If the warning light actually works (not burned out), then IMO, it is unlikely that the chime is air bag related.

One answer may be that the door chime is broken and is actually on all the time. Perhaps someone tried to muffle the sound from the chime in some way.

Try this, turn the head lights on (key off and out), open the door. Do you hear the head light reminder?

If you leave the key in and open the door, do you hear the key reminder?