Benefits of a Short Throw?

• Sponsors (?)

If you like the stocker and dont bang gears, you might be ok.

I was slow to get one myself (as much as I hated the stocker - I didnt want to spend the money on an aftermarket unit). But it's night and day. Think about what it costs you per shift over the course of say a year.

If you have a bud with a stang and shifter, take a test drive and see what ya think.

Good luck.

Well i think i built the mgw to more than it actually was. I read all the great comments on it and have never had a short throw until i put mine in. At first i was kinda leary but as each day goes on its getting better and better. If i could do it again i wouldnt spend the money on it, i would just buy a shorter handle.

I love the stock handle ALOT! If i bought a short throw i was going 2 put the stock handle on it. I dont like reaching for gears i like the fact that it comes out curves then up the curves again. I guess everyone has there pref

the steeda ti-ax (and possibly others by now) have positive stops that you set to keep from too much shifter travel so you don't mess up your tranny. I'm not sure how much that's needed, but I like it. Also, the steeda has a 2nd-to-3rd gear spring that makes it hard to miss a 3rd gear shift - something you might have noticed on your friends tri-ax.

I had the stocker and installed the tri-ax and there was a difference to me. I like my tri-ax and wouldn't go back. By the way, the handle is adjustable, so you can move it up and make it longer to come out to you if you don't want the absolute shortest throw it provides.

My GT has a B&M ripper and it's good too, but I think I like the tri-ax in the LX better.

You don't have to buy anything if you like what you have. Good Luck.

mustangman9812 said:
Really how much does it help? If you like the stock shifter why change it. A $200 that really does nothing but give the drive some new part to brag about

Who likes the stock shifter???
It`s a pos bigtime.

I have a Tri-Ax and it`s 100 times better than the stock garbage shifter.

A good aftermarket shifter is a serious improvement!!!

2240366_33_full.jpg